WOW, Amazing!!! We stayed in the Spa Suites in June for 3 nights / 4 days, (free Upgrade as my 40th birthday later in the week). The ambience of the lodge is amazing from the communal areas to the Rooms. The team here make sure you love it, the service we received was very professional and friendly from everyone. Our 6 game drives were awesome, we saw everything up close, the guides and trackers try so hard for you to have a great experience with real face to face encounters with all animals not just the Big 5, which by the way you still get up close with. The high light was watching 3 baby lion cubs playing within a few feet of the open truck.. Even once dark the guys were able to spot great nocturnal animals. Take a wind proof jacket, fleece and hat as the evening drives get cold, but you get a blanket. You share your vehicular to a max of 10, we had 6 including us in our group , so plenty of room in the truck. Don't worry the guides will make sure you all get great photos & views. You have dinner as a group over the days including your guide, which worked really well. Their are a number of activities on offer between drives, we took the bush walk option which is with your guide is totally free, the bush-walk was about the habitat, track's from animals, how to make rope, take water from plants, how to find toilet paper and lasted about an hour 1/2 , Good fun. We also used the Spa, the surroundings are beautiful & treatments were well priced. The food is constant & great quality, the buffet style is some of the best food I have eaten in my 2 week trip. We would go back and stay a couple of nights in a mix of the other 4 accommodations options on the reserve, definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa