I brought my tour group here for a couple of nights so that we got to enjoy 3 game drives. I cannot begin to tell you how impressed we all were with not only the rooms, which were all Spa Rooms, but the reserve itself and how the passion of the guides comes through as they took us on our drives. All three of our guides were great and work with trackers in locating game as a team...it was wonderful. As one of our jeeps spotted something they would alert the others and we sometimes met all together for tea or drinks depending on the time of day. Everyone came out of this experience with such wonderful things to say about the place.
The game drives themselves were just out of this world. To be that close to wild animals was thrilling, a bit scary and very humbling but our guides know them very well and respect them and do their best to make sure we know the rules of riding in the jeep.
Our rooms were awesome, so quiet and restful. At night you could not hear a sound and could see every star in the sky. Sitting on my balcony with just the land and sky to look at was surreal. Such peace. Huge big bathrooms with separate showers and big deep tubs that you could soak in and look outside and see nothing but birds. A huge bed to sleep in that when you woke up you were rested and ready to discover all over again. The ladies who cared for our rooms did so with huge smiles and knew our names!
Some of my group went to the spa and loved it. The food was excellent. No one wanted to leave the resort. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kapama River Lodge is situated within Kapama Game Reserve, and presents the perfect blend between luxurious safari accommodation and a generous bed capacity of 64 bedrooms. Although large, it is so stylish, roomy and beautifully positioned along a dry riverbed, that guests fall in love with it. Each spacious room at Kapama River Lodge features a full en-suite bathroom and terrace with uninterrupted views into the leafy-green Big 5 game reserve. The central guest entertainment areas include a large rim-flow swimming pool with sun umbrellas and recliners for lazy afternoons. The long L-shaped relaxation lounge and bar under a double-volume thatch, curves around the pool and on either side is a huge double-sided fireplace creating a wondrous open-plan yet cosy atmosphere. The Rhino Boma dining area with tables arranged under a low thatch in a horseshoe curve, has a central open space where a roaring outdoor fire gives a glow to evening meals. Buffet-style meals introduce African flavours with Pan African dishes using fresh local ingredients and specialist dishes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Kapama River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama River Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama River Lodge Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa