Staff: Super friendly staff and excellent customer service. The staff is always there whenever you need something. That said, there was one exception: the first night we were there there was no hot water at night. We contacted the staff at 10pm but no one answered the phone. We had to take a cold shower. If it were not for this incident, I might have given the hotel a five-star.
Food: By my standard, the food was okay. I am very picky though. Breakfast is the best - plenty of items to choose from. Lunch menu is the same every day so after a few days, it gets boring. Dinner menu is different every day It's not gourmet, but it's above what I have experienced for an all-inclusive type of hotel. They do feed you a lot -by our count, they feed you 7 times a day.
Safari: Best part of this trip of course. We saw all the big fives, although not much hippo since he was always under water.... We literally observed the animal behavior in the wild. We learned so much about these animals. Our ranger is really good at finding animals we want to see and explaining to us their behaviors.
Resort Amenity: I love the decor and ambiance. The main area of the resort and the library is super cozy and very inviting. The only complain I have is that they don't have a gym and spa on site.
Room: We had a superior suite, I think that's how they call it. It was very nice - - we had our own infinity pool, own deck, outdoor shower, etc. There are bug repellent and bug spray in the room, a very nice touch. At night, there are a lot of bugs, not mosquitoes, but scorpions, large flying I don't know what bugs, ants, cockroach looking like bugs, and many others. What can I say, we are out in the wild...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the perennial Klaserie River is one of Kapama's most secluded and prestigious safari camps named Karula. Karula means "place of peace" in the native tongue, and soon after your arrival you will know exactly why this name is just so perfect for this magnificent luxury safari camp. Peace is but one of the many emotions that will encompass your soul as you look at the serene waterway meandering gently past your doorstep and the age old saying "water is life" will begin to have a whole new meaning for you. The open plan lounge and bar area, with floor to ceiling glass doors illustrates the perfect balance with elegant light colors. This modern building with its whitewashed wooden structure, skylights and open air bar, creates a cozy feel to the lounge and makes it a day time favorite to enjoy a drink or just sit back and enjoy the sights Karula has to offer. The contemporary yet African feel to the camp will satisfy and exceed the expectations of even the most discerning connoisseurs. The outside wooden deck overlooking the Klaserie river gives you the opportunity to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and magnificent vistas the camp has to offer. Karula Library & Media Room boasts some of the best audio visual equipment but doubles as a library where you can read a good book in a breathtaking environment, or just take in nature's views through the massive sliding windows. Keep in touch with family and loved ones at one of the two dedicated guest internet stations with WiFi on tap and free of charge. A private, romantic fireplace dinner can also be arranged with the camp personnel, and in a modern romantic setting like this, the answer can only be "Yes". Kapama Karula has twelve superior suites, each exquisitely decorated and with generous private space. Two of the superior suites are purpose-built for families. Each suite also has a private outside deck and a large swimming pool, which is heated in the chillier months for year-round swimming. The luxury Karula spa offers a range of health and beauty treatments in four deluxe treatment rooms. For a body workout, the fitness centre is equipped with state-of-the-art cardio and weight-lifting equipment, or you can run or walk on the treadmill or cycle on the Wattbike. After working up a sweat, visit the steam room, or relax in the pool. You can also browse through the curio shop for those special gifts to take home. Then head out on an exciting game drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Kapama Karula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Karula Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Karula Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa