Just returned from a 3 days at Kapama Karula. The property, the game reserve and the staff are all exceptional! Was upgraded to suite upon arrival was a great surprise. The suite was amazing, huge and spacious. Everything was to die for. Extremely comfortable and relaxing.
The food was superb! Although if you stay for more than 4-5 days you might find it repeating.
The game drives were great, although it was our first time on a safari and I have no comparison. On almost every drive we was 3-4 of the big five and a TON of general game. Their leopards are still shy, so if you see one - consider yourself very, very lucky. This is because they have been operating for only a few years, while Sabi Sabi for 35 years. This is the only weak link, you might not see the leopard. The game drives were great with Collen and Roy. Amazing experience. The sundowner drinks were so much fun.
The front desk and the manager were exceptional - very courteous and professional. On day 1 when I realised we forgot our sunblock, they immediately arranged one from the spa and brought it to me on the next morning. They should definitely stock this in their gift shop.
The housekeeping and the other staff were great, always greeted with a smile. We felt amazing.
Overall, I would return in a heartbeat and would recommend to anyone. For the price paid we got tremendous value for the money.
A true 5* experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the banks of the perennial Klaserie River is one of Kapama's most secluded and prestigious safari camps named Karula. Karula means "place of peace" in the native tongue, and soon after your arrival you will know exactly why this name is just so perfect for this magnificent luxury safari camp. Peace is but one of the many emotions that will encompass your soul as you look at the serene waterway meandering gently past your doorstep and the age old saying "water is life" will begin to have a whole new meaning for you. The open plan lounge and bar area, with floor to ceiling glass doors illustrates the perfect balance with elegant light colors. This modern building with its whitewashed wooden structure, skylights and open air bar, creates a cozy feel to the lounge and makes it a day time favorite to enjoy a drink or just sit back and enjoy the sights Karula has to offer. The contemporary yet African feel to the camp will satisfy and exceed the expectations of even the most discerning connoisseurs. The outside wooden deck overlooking the Klaserie river gives you the opportunity to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere and magnificent vistas the camp has to offer. Karula Library & Media Room boasts some of the best audio visual equipment but doubles as a library where you can read a good book in a breathtaking environment, or just take in nature's views through the massive sliding windows. Keep in touch with family and loved ones at one of the two dedicated guest internet stations with WiFi on tap and free of charge. A private, romantic fireplace dinner can also be arranged with the camp personnel, and in a modern romantic setting like this, the answer can only be "Yes". Kapama Karula has twelve superior suites, each exquisitely decorated and with generous private space. Two of the superior suites are purpose-built for families. Each suite also has a private outside deck and a large swimming pool, which is heated in the chillier months for year-round swimming. The luxury Karula spa offers a range of health and beauty treatments in four deluxe treatment rooms. For a body workout, the fitness centre is equipped with state-of-the-art cardio and weight-lifting equipment, or you can run or walk on the treadmill or cycle on the Wattbike. After working up a sweat, visit the steam room, or relax in the pool. You can also browse through the curio shop for those special gifts to take home. Then head out on an exciting game drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Kapama Karula reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kapama Karula Hotel Kapama Private Game Reserve
- Kapama Karula Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa