“A wonderful experience”

Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge
Cork, Ireland
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2010

My friend and I stayed at Mohlabetsi for 3 nights - the start of a wonderful trip to South Africa. We arrived at the lodge at lunch time and began our stay with a bottle of wine and a wonderful lunch on the lawn. Although we had spent the previous 24 hours travelling from Ireland we were not too tired to go on our first game drive that afternoon. What an experience !! Our ranger, Solly, and tracker, Calvin were fantastic. On our first afternoon we had a close encounter with an elephant at the water hole when he decided to have a good look and us and came right up to the back of our jeep! We also saw a lion and her cubs that afternoon, During our stay we were lucky enough to see 4 of the big 5. I thought I would have enough of the game drives after a day or two but no way. I would gladly have stayed for another week. Every drive is different and Solly made sure each one was exciting and fun. The early morning drives were great - coffee at 5.15 am. and then off in the jeep - such an adventure. The sundowner drinks were wonderful - the sunsets are beyond description, especially the one on our final day where we had a drink by a tiny church in the middle of the bush. The red sky against the backdrop of the mountains was a once in a lifetime experience. On our last morning we tracked a rhino on foot with Solly - amazing to be so near such a huge animal in its natural environment.

The accommodation and food at Mohlabetsi is first class. The staff are so friendly and cannot do enough for the guests. I was so lonely leaving and cannot wait to return again to this oasis in the bush.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Sweden
Reviewed November 25, 2009

Hello Tony and Alma.
My first time outside Europe. All I can say is "wow".
All at the lodge made me feel really welcome. You have a wonderful lodge there in all ways with caring staff who were so helpful and attentive. I went on four safaris in 2 days but could easily have stayed another month. The humour, friendliness, attentiveness and knowledge of the rangers and trackers is beyond priceless! I hope to come back some day with my family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Houwaart
Reviewed November 16, 2009

We stayed in Mohlabetsi for 2 nights. Great welcome with cold drinks and some fruit being offered at arrival. The lodge offers twice a day a gamedrive with experienced rangers. Between gamedrives, it's relaxation time ! Great food, especially dinner, in a superb environment. Rooms are rondavels, simple, but clean and very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Ashford Middlesex
Reviewed October 21, 2009

What a wonderful experience Mohlabetsi offered to my friends, my new husband and I. I being South African and wanting to provide my husband (whose English) and my friends (English and Australian) a taste of what Southern Africa has to provide was keen to do a safari. By sheer chance I found Mohlabetsi and I've never looked back. The communication the professionalism and the friendliness of everyone who is part of Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge was outstanding and we all walked away having experienced something special. Mohlabetsi provided subtle personal touches which left great impressions on us. Not only was it important for my foreign friends to experience something special but for my husband and I to have a nice relaxing "mini moon". We loved it! Thank you again for such a wonderful time!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank bunnybaby2609
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We enjoyed our time at Mahlabetsi. A smaller lodge with an excellent staff that treats each guest as an individual. Excellent guides, good food, nice cabins. Relaxing! Great value. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aeaasa
Brazilian in UK
Reviewed September 20, 2009

The Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge is an intimate lodge…. simple but very comfortable with a fantastic team. The owner Tony is a very nice person and the team is always smiling and caring for us. They love that place and the wildlife. Rangers and trackers are knowledgeable and friendly. We also had nice meals and very pleasant evenings. We had a wonderful time, enjoyed the game views and learned a lot! We certainly recommend it !

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Wimbledon england
Reviewed August 6, 2009

We based our trip around the availability here. Food the best we have eaten in Africa. rooms are simple but comfortable and very clean. Ian the ranger is the best we have ever had. All the staff are brilliant here. This is a great placve as the staff REALLY care and enjoy what they do. You will learn so much about the bush. Don't hesitate

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Sausage Tree Safari Camp
Sausage Tree Safari Camp
#1 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Cam...
#2 of 19 in Balule Nature Reserve
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,030 reviews
Senalala Luxury Safari Camp
Senalala Luxury Safari Camp
#1 of 14 in Klaserie Private Game Reserve

Been to Mohlabetsi Safari Lodge? Share your experiences!