We loved our stay in Ezulwini last September. The staff went above and beyond to please us, and they definitely did! They have 2 lodges: one is called something like Jack´s Lodge (don´t remember) and the other, River Lodge, by Orange River. We had booked the River Lodge, but ended up satying at the other, where we were the only guests for 2 days and got a very exclusive service!
The (let´s call it Jack´s) Lodge has about 5 bangalows, all around a nice swimming pool. On the back of bangalows is a pond, where one can watch, from your varand, animals go for water during the hot days. We also had a voyer girafe who tried to sniff out of our window when I was changing! The place decoreted with wonderful carved stuff, the wine cellar is magnific and the food is superb! All that at very reasonable price! (I got scared with prices on prived resererves in South Africa, but this one is well worth the money!).
We were not very luck with the safaris, but Craig (guide) and the tracker did their best to find as much big 5 as they could (we drove for 5 hours after a lioness with cubs). The tracker was amazing (he found a camaleon on a tree at a night drive), and Craig himself is a live history about wild life tourism development in south africa.
The braai night was very nice, and the staff performed some local folk stuff. Just loved it! We booked through roomsforafrica.
One last piece: 2 nights is the right amount to go for. Frommers said "at least 2 nights", but I realy think, unless you have scientific interests, you will get tired of driving around chasing animals more than that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ezulwini, the Zulu word for 'Place of Paradise', is situated in the centre of the Greater Kruger National Park, Balule Nature Reserve section, where Africa remains unspoiled. Ezulwini prides itself on being able to offer an exceptional African setting, indigenous fauna and flora as well as unique character and charm, to provide you with an authentic experience. Ezulwini Billy's Lodge nestles deep in the heart of lion country and offers three standard chalets as well as three new luxury suites with their own lounge area, private deck and plunge pool, indoor and outdoor shower and super King-Size beds. Ezulwini River Lodge is on the famous Olifants River, with large riverine trees and wonderful sightings of elephant, hippo and crocodile. River Lodge offers 4 standard rooms and 4 Ultra Luxury Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ezulwini Game Lodges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ezulwini Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Ezulwini Game Lodges South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve