We stayed at Pondoro for 3 days to end our vacation in Africa, and it was totally worth the wait! Every day we were treated like we were the only people staying in the lodge by the staff. Even though we didn't stay in one of the luxury rooms, we felt completely taken care of in every way. The game drives were fantastic, and Robbie and Andres were amazingly informative about every little thing we could possibly ask. We saw four of the "Big Five," with the leopard being amazingly difficult to find. It didn't put a damper on things at all though, because we saw so many amazing sights!
The day before we left, eight elephants came across the river and proceeded to graze right in view of the dining balcony.
The food was AMAZING. Lize knows what she is doing, and her and Rozanne made us feel like family. The cornbread Lize makes is divine, as was the impala pie.
All in all, I would go back in a second. The staff was top notch, the rooms were amazing and the experience was first-rate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve