Pondoro was outstanding. The level of service and attention to detail is unmatched. Prior to arriving here for a couple days, I stayed at another Private Game Lodge in Sabi Sands. My first time being in South Africa, I though that lodge was great. But then I cam to Pondoro and I realized I just went to a whole different level of class. The rooms were very spacious. Very nice, very clean. The food was the best food I had in my entire 2 week tour around Africa. The service staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The safari drives were great and the tracker was awesome. When we were having trouble finding the animals in the jeep, we dropped him off and he went out on foot looking for the lions and cheetahs by himself. Then radioed back and told the driver where they were.
Balule reserve is beautiful. The only gripe that I had was that the safari drives were EXTREMELY bumpy. If you have bad back or neck problems, you may want to reconsider. There isn't anything Pondoro can do about that, it's the way the terrain is. But the it was significantly more bumpy than my game drives at other lodge.
If your considering Pondoro, stop considering and just book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve