As I was nearing the end of a three month trip through Africa, I decided that I needed to tack on one more game lodge and picked Pondoro through a web search. It turned out to be my best decision of the whole trip. It was a perfect way to wind up my stay in Africa. I don't give out 5 star ratings casually, but this place really deserved it. The staff is exceptional, their friendliness and warmth exceeded anything I'd found in Africa. The food was amazingly good, I constantly found myself looking forward to the next meal. The chalets are spacious and tastefully decorated, each in an individual theme and all with a beautiful view of the Oliphants river. The game drives were also excellent. We had good close encounters with all of the Big Five and more. The guides and trackers really know their terrain and provide encounters that others would surely miss. The game lodge is owner operated, so you get a personal tough in every aspect of your stay. I will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve