We have just returned from 3 nights at Pondoro which were beyond our expectations from the moment we arrived, it was as if we had stepped into another world. We were made to feel so welcome our every need catered for. You would never starve at Pondoro! the food is cooked to gourmet standards and the bakery items "out of this world" all served by happy, friendly and very competent staff, and what a treat to eat outside beside a fire at night !. Our chalet was perfect, spacious, peaceful and comfortable, not that were we in too much as we chose to go on every game drive, a bush walk and had lunch in a hide [words cannot describe the peace and tranquility of 2 hours in the bush up a tree!] The game drives were fantastic, Mark and Eric were professional and QUIET between themselves guiding us to the the sightings, explaining habits of the animals and bride life, both very knowledgable. We shared our vehicle and numbers went from 4 to 6 which caused no viewing or comfort problems, there was no rush to move from sightings and Mark had a photographers eye so our positions where amazing. if I write more it will spoil the experience for future visitors. So thank you Pondoro for making our 30th wedding anniversary such a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve