It's been 4 months since we've stayed at Pondoro and our memories grow fonder by the day. In our opinion this is the most outstanding place we've ever stayed at after traveling to over 30 countries. The intimate setting in the Balule Game Reserve (which is continuous with Kruger) allows you to get to know the staff and your fellow travelers. We stayed in the Buffalo suite and thoroughly enjoyed the accommodations. From the deck of your suite you can see a variety of wildlife. From the moment you arrive at Pondoro you are treated like a special member of their family. The game drives are unlike anything you've ever experienced. The excitement of following a leopard through the African bush or watching a lion walk 6 feet from your vehicle is unparalleled. Although you are in close proximity to the wildlife, we felt completely safe. The drivers and spotters go out of their way to make sure you see as many animals as possible. We saw the big 5 and much more. Make sure you go on the bush walks with Eric. One of our most exciting moments happened on the bush walk when we encountered an elephant. Every game drive is a different and exciting adventure. The food is OUTSTANDING!!! There was not one meal that was not 5 star quality and they always make sure you have plenty to eat. We have encouraged everyone we know to visit Pondoro and you should do the same. You will not regret it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the cool riverine banks of the Olifants River (largest in Kruger) in the 40 000 ha Big 5 Balule Private Game Reserve inside the greater Kruger National Park, Pondoro offers its visitors comfort, sophistication, elegance and a canvas on which to create a truly unforgettable African safari.In this small, very exclusive 16-bed lodge ( owner managed ) you will discover the only way to experience the African bush. In addition to luxurious accommodation and the caring attention from trained professionals, our visitors are lavished upon with international fare and humble African hospitality.Meals are an extraordinary culinary experience where Traditional African Cuisine fuse effortlessly with modern European trends.To compliment the food, select any of our fine wines from our extensive wine cellar. Vegetarians are specially catered for. All meals are served on a wooden deck high up in the tree canopy overlooking the Olifants River (weather permitting).Between game drives in open safari cruisers, nature walks and peaceful afternoon naps, enjoy a dip in the sparkling rock pool, a spot of sun bathing or browse through the library. The Pondoro bar is the ideal spot to quench your thirst and grab a snack. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pondoro Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pondoro Game Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Pondoro Game Lodge South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve