Naledi Game Lodges
$97
$47
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Kapama River Lodge(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
$691
$670
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Kapama Southern Camp(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
$887
Priceline
Excellent 5/5
Garonga Safari Camp(Makalali Private Game Reserve)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Kapama Karula(Kapama Private Game Reserve)
$2,120
$67
$65
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Toro Yaka Bush Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
  • Pool
Kurhula Wildlife Lodge(Balule Nature Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Hippo Pools Resort(Hoedspruit)
TripAdvisor
Very Good 4/5
1,108 results
All reviewsleadwood suitebush campthe riverfishing owlevery mealhis teamattention to detailother guestssafari experiencehot water bottlesoutdoor showerthree nightssouth africathe reserveprivate dinnerbush walkhigh expectations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was my first visit to a safari lodge and I cannot think of one thing i would change. The guides Kjal and Graham were top in class; the staff was friendly and the food was perfect. Alicia was perhaps the most responsive person I have ever come across during my 20 years of traveling which greatly helped with pre-planning before trip. Both lodging options were fantastic and woudl definitely recommend both.
The big 5 are all here and, while hard to choose my favorite - I think I have to go with tracking and finding lions and leopards.
Will definitely be bringing back my family,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank billy h
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Briliant experince, what a place, what a family of wonderful people!
Try both Camps but do Enkoveni last (it's the best as it's slightly newer and beside the river is a must!) Thanks Alicia and Graham.
We had a fantastic time, accomodations are out of this world. Amazing!
Was a little surprised to see that the drinks we had on Game drives were added in full to the bill (we often only had a glass f wine out of the bottle but noticved on return we were aklways charged the full bottle and never saw it again most evenings!). The wine selection was bountiful and well priced so we just paid the bill without quibble as a lot of other 'extras' were included throughout (thanks for my wonderful birthday cake, the champagne, the crocodile and the birthday wine...see whta I mean!)
Knell is a true gentleman, tahnks for taking good care of us Scots!
I'll definatley return, loved it.

Room Tip: All are ridiculously good, we stayed in 2 and saw others, dont worry just book!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Naledibushcamp, Owner at Naledi Game Lodges, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Martin and LeighAnn

Many thanks for your review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Both Bushcamp and Enkoveni, and that you are wishing to be back,

We would love to host you in the future and look forward to you return.

Thank you for noting the point on the drinks, we have reviewed your drinks account and have noticed that our system even when charging you per the glass noted in its description "1xbottle" implying you were charged for the full bottle, however looking at the pricing you were only charged per glass, apologies for the confusion, and we will be fixing this error on our system.

Kind regards
Kjell and The Naledi Team

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Well sadly our time here is coming to an end, will we be back ? I really do hope so

We were transferred by road from the local airport and met by the illustrious Sydwell at the property entrance as due to the recent heavy rains the tracks are a little bumpy!

We flew up from joburg approx 1 hr against 5/6 hour road transfer so it may be something to think about.

Met by Alicia(The shoe lady) and given a nice welcome drink and some information about Enkoveni and how the day is structured.

We booked the impala Lilly suite and it was just fab...if your budget stretches to this it's worth the extra.

Well...the game drives!,, seeing is believing...we have just been so lucky to see the 5 ...and others...your guides and trackers work so hard to please you...they really deserve a special mention. Please take time time to get to know them they have so much to offer

The food is freshly cooked daily and eaten as a group...this for me was something I was not looking forward too but was a highlight as we had a ball ...

The camp is very clean and tidy and the pool is great after a day in the sun

All the staff are so happy and serve you like royalty with no questions asked.its been a pleasure to stay here

Finally thanks to a special lady who works so hard to make you happy ...Alice sorry Alicia! For us you signify what Enkovi camp represents...we feel that you are the future for the camp and Kjell you should feel very proud of her and the effort she makes

Graeme it has been a pleasure to sit with you and talk about wildlife and cricket crunchers! One of the friendliest guysI have ever met

And finally Sydwell and Jimmy you will both stay with us forever! You made our holiday...I hope you both stay happy and healthy for many years and that one day we can share a sundowner again

A special place with special people

Koveni,koveni...standby,,,eta 10 minutes standby Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whitfields
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Whilst preparing my trip to South Africa, I was triggered by the fact that Naledi / Enkoveni has almost 600 "excellent" reviews and no poor or terrible ones. Reading the various reviews, we realized that this must be a very special place. Reason enough to try it out ourselves.
We booked a four night stay, two nights at Naledi and two nights at Enkoveni.
From the moment that we arrived till the moment we left,Kjell Bismeyer (the owner) made us feel as we were kings. Never had such a great experience...and I travelled a lot in my life.
What makes the difference is Kjell's Bismeyer's drive and commitment. We had two safari's a day (each almost 3,5 hour duration) with Kjel as a driver/ranger. I never someone with so much enthusiasm. We managed to see all the "Big 5" and much more. Extraordinary in every sense. Everything around the safaris is also minitiously planned. They do their utmost best so that you can have the perfect pictures and see all the African wild animals. Too much to mention here. It was clearly a once-in-a-lifetime experience in every way. Just one detail: we had every evening dinner at a different table in the camp...even the napkins were different every time. The whole team takes care of the details. Strongly recommended ! P.S. The place is kid friendly, our 4 year old son had the time of his life as well

Room Tip: you need to try both camps, best start with the naledi bushcamp and go down to the river camp afterwards
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SooLux
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Naledi deserves 10 stars. The accommodations at Bushcamp are exceptional. Kjell and his staff attend to every detail--clean and comfy rooms, exceptional food, fires in the evening, warm, friendly and impeccable service. We had the benefit of having Piet and Sipho as our guide and tracker and I am so grateful to have spent a few days seeing the world through their eyes. My family and I learned so much. We saw all 5 of the Big 5 and spent blissful hours in the bush. We happened to be there for Valentine's Day and they made dinner extra special with chocolates and roses for all of us. En route to the reserve we also experienced car trouble that was quite unsettling and Kjell and his staff were on hand to help us every step of the way. Nothing but glowing praise for Naledi. Change all of your plans and book here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family