Overall dealing with the Naledi team and staying in the camp was such a great experience that I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
The Naledi team were extremely helpful from answering inquiries prior my booking, accommodating last minute meal changes, preparing a birthday cake for my brother, to making sure we have the best pictures in the bush.
In terms of the camp, we stayed in Enkoveni which had a beautiful view of the river. The atmosphere of the camp was very friendly, cosy, and laid back given the small number of guests which helped make the experience feel more personalized. Meals would be served on 1 table which made it easy for me to meet the other guests and swap stories plus pictures about our drives. Shawn the manager would join us for dinner which gave me an opportunity to ask questions of not just about the animals but about living South Africa itself.
As for the game drives, seeing the animals up close was just amazing! I was able to see the black rhino during my first drive. Since we were in the open bush, we were able to drive up close to the animals... there was an instance that we had a lioness literally less than a feet away from our jeep. Make sure you also try doing the walks in between the drives you'll not only learn a lot about the natural flora and fauna from Vuyani but it gives you a chance to walk off all that great food that they'll serve you.
As someone who's never done a safari before, Naledi was such a great experience that I'll definitely come back for more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve