We have just returned from our 21 day SA self drive trip. Wonderful trip including our 4 night stay at Naledi Enkoveni on the Olifonts River. We chose this lodge after staying at Naledi Bush Camp last September. We were so impressed with the guest experience there that we chose to return and stay at the newer camp, to experience the river scene and animals. After a rather bumpy trip down the bush road you arrive at a beautiful lodge in a very spectacular setting to a warm welcome from the managers Shaun and Roseanne and staff. The 4 of us were led to our rooms the Fishing Owl and Fishing Eagle suites. I say suites, because the room is not just a bedroom but also encompasses a large separate lounge area, with a bar fridge and tea/coffee making facility. This leads out via sliding doors to a huge shared timber balcony that runs the length of both suites, same with bedroom. Deck chairs and umbrellas are provided for each suite for guests to enjoy & savour the river views & activity in the water directly in front & across the river bank - hippos,eles, giraffe, kudu etc. The food was excellent and there is a lot of it, so we had to pace ourselves , meals are taken in company with other guests and manager Shaun, who provides interesting, informative commentary. You can request a private table as did one honeymoon couple. The game drives were well conducted but the weather did impact on the viewings, as it turned cold and very windy on the 3rd day. Such a change after 2 hot days which saw us in the plunge pool . Down time, we had our nano naps, used the wi fi in the computer room and caught up with owner Kjell from Bush Camp for a chat. Then we departed in our newly washed & polished vehicles. Value for money - excellent and hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just four magnificently appointed chalets sleeping only eight people, right in the heart of Big Five country within the borders of the greater Kruger National Park!!!! Without a doubt, Naledi offers you the most personal, intimate experience anywhere In the region – and at a price often less than half of what you would expect to pay elsewhere! At Naledi we only ever have a maximum of eight guests on our game viewer, only eight relaxing on our beautiful swimming pool deck overlooking the river bed and our private waterhole where one can enjoy the daily parade of animals and birds coming to drink and feed in total peace and tranquility. Our lodge is our passion, showing people our private piece of wild Africa our greatest pleasure, and that means introducing you to the bush and all its creatures, from lions and elephants, to antelope and birds is something we always look forward to ! At Naledi you’ll find aircon throughout, delicious meals, elegant surroundings, a fabulously stocked bar, fun, relaxation and excitement in equal portions, but best of all, you’ll arrive as strangers, and leave as friends!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp Hotel Balule Private Game Reserve
- Naledi Bushcamp And Enkoveni Camp South Africa/Balule Nature Reserve