“Fantastic stay at Enkoveni Camp”

and 1 more site!
Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp
Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic stay at Enkoveni Camp”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My friend and I recently returned from a trip to Africa which included three nights at the Naledi Enkoveni Camp. After reading all the fantastic reviews, I was a little afraid that it was all too good be true. I was definitely proven wrong! Shaun, Rozanne and the whole team did everything in their power (and then some) to make our stay the best. We felt welcome from the very start, just as if we were staying in their home. Our room was extremely comfortable, the food was first rate and the game drives were amazing. We never knew what we might come across on a drive but it was always something interesting. I'll never forget seeing four male lions all together one night! Even after staying at Enkoveni for three nights, we were sad to leave and wished we had stayed longer. I definitely recommend Enkoveni to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank clareat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked four nights at Naledi Bushcamp based on the excellent reviews here in tripadvisor so my expectations were high..... and they were surpassed on every level! We had such a fantastic time, the camp, the safaris, the accommodation and the food were exceptional. Kjell and his team work so hard to ensure that guests are well cared for and get the maximum from their trip. The safaris are so exciting and Kjell and his trackers are so experienced and knowledgable that every ride into the bush was a new experience for us each time. All of this for very a reasonable prices, you really can't go wrong. I would definately go back in fact I'd be off like a shot!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 783Belinda
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Naledi in September and had an amazing time! Kjell and his staff are incredibly attentive to their guests and will never leave you wanting for more. I cannot rave enough about the food served by the on-site chefs at each meal. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2012

From the moment we arrived to when we left we were looked after so well by Kjell and his staff. The accommodation and meals were wonderful and individual needs were catered for. I could not have asked for better. The game drives were fantastic and very informative as was the walk with Prem who made the experience so very enjoyable. We had a wonderful morning at a hide and saw the animals exhibiting their natural behaviours. Kjell also organise a day trip for us to Blyde Canyon and the surrounding area. We had 4 days and I would suggest that you need a minimum of 3 or 4 to really get the most out of it. I totally recommend this magic place.

Room Tip: We stayed in Leadwood which had 2 rooms each with an ensuite, a deck looking out to the park, a plun...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Even 10 stars isn't enough to accurately portray how remarkable this experience was!! I will admit I was hesitant about the rigors of safari schedule (I am NOT a morning person), but I found myself almost looking forward to waking up for 5:30 am departure and my time at Naledi Enkoveni was in actuality, the most relaxing of 5 weeks of travelling.

Everything at Enkoveni was absolutely first rate! I cannot say enough for how amazing the welcome and general atmosphere of this camp were. Managers Shaun and Rozanne are truly incredible. They are extremely personable, professional, helpful, and gracious. Rozanne gave us the warmest reception upon arrival, was there to meet you after every evening game drive with a drink and hot towel, and made sure everyone was well looked after. Shaun was also our guide and amazed with his baffling wealth of knowledge, night-vision skills, and persistance to finding us as many animals and as close as possible. Our tracker Kaswell was also relentless in his search for elephants and other animals which we truly appreciated. I found the rest of the Enkoveni team to be just as enthusiastic and pleasant.

The room was beautiful and I found the bed extremely comfortable. Every meal was wonderful, with food being excellent in both taste and quality, and presentation. The setting along the river made for stunning views from either your private deck or the communal areas and provided wildlife viewing opportunities right from camp. I'm sure my overall experience was enhanced by decent weather, plenty of animal sightings, and exceptionally lovely fellow guests, but for the most part it was Naledi Enkoveni that was responsible for a thoroughly enjoyable stay! My only disappointment? That I had to leave.

My advice for anyone considering a safari: Stay at Naledi!! And stay a mininmum of 3 to 4 nights to be able to maximize your viewing opportunites and get the most enjoyment out of your visit. We were only able to stay two nights at Enkoveni, then a third at another camp, and I found it hard to transition. Even then with 3 days of safari, at the end of the trip I regretted it wasn't longer. There is also a considerable amount of debate as to when in your holiday to schedule safari; my personal opinion would be to save the best for last. And lastly, remember the weather and habits of wild animals are not within the control of anyone at Naledi so don't hold these things against them or let them stop you from having a wonderful time. Enjoy your stay!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank rmc5
london
Reviewed November 11, 2012

we have just returned from our honeymoon and stayed at Naledi for 3 nights. It so beyond our wildest dreams in terms of what we saw, where we stayed, the food we ate and the hospitality. All of the staff are a credit to Kjell, the owner. Kjell made our stay really interesting and was a fantastic host. Being in a private game reserve was fantastic - we only ever passed one van per day with other tourists and so we really felt like it was just us in this giant area with lots of animals. We managed to get 2.5 metres from sleeping lions, who were yawning lots after a big kills. We also saw lion cubs which were gorgeous!
Kjell and his trackers make sure they give you the best possible experience on each drive. The van was brilliant - everyone could easily see out but as Naledi only has capacity for few guest, the van is never too full.
The accommodation was great - and we even had our washing done and our car cleaned!! It's all very discrete and personal with lovely touches such as a staff member waiting for our return from the night drive with drinks and the beds being turned down and the lights on during our meal so we went back to our inviting and warm rooms.
There is a small pool overlooking a watering hole and we were very lucky to see a family of elephants bathing in it. We also did the day walk which was interesting as well as going to the hide. We didnt see anything there, but Kjell's team had packed us some snacks and drinks in a cool bag so it was very peaceful and lovely!
Do no use the GPS co-ordinates in the sat nav though - just use the name Naledi!
Whilst eating we could hear roaring lions which was an incredible experience.
Kjell and his team were genuinely interested in what we had seen, what we thought, how we were etc and made the conversations they must have had lots and lots of times seem fresh which is the sign of an excellent host.
We enjoyed the best food here during our entire stay in South Africa and would go back like a shot as it's absolutely brilliant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 11, 2012

It's true what everyone says about this place. Stop searching and just go! The place, the food and the team are amazing. And the game, it was really, really exciting. You will not be disappointed. Everything was perfect.

Paulo and Luciana

#2 of 20 in Balule Nature Reserve
Pondoro Game Lodge
Pondoro Game Lodge
#3 of 20 in Balule Nature Reserve

Been to Naledi Bushcamp and Enkoveni Camp? Share your experiences!