“A most magnificent and magical stay!”
Review of Singita Castleton

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Singita Private Game Reserve
Singita Castleton
Reviewed October 17, 2013

What to say? The food, the staff, the rooms, the animals - all of it has been an absolute delight. The rooms were clean and beautiful; a true haven to come back to and relax in. Everyday we were taken on amazing game drives where we saw all the animals up close an personal with the amazing help of Claude, Jon and our eyes and tracker Timbak. The other staff Marinda, Will, David etc where welcoming and friendly with big smiles and no request was turned down. The food was exceptional and scrumptious.
Waking up everyday or just sitting outside with Zebras, Elephants and Warthogs walking around was amazing.
I want to thank all the staff for this truly enjoyable stay and for making it so special. I will never forget it and will return I'm sure one day to enjoy the peace and serenity.
Go book now for the perfect African get away!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2012

When I visited Singita a few years ago, during a drive, we saw Castleton.
We asked for a closer view and "inspected" the camp.
Then my dream started ! To be here with family and friends...just us !
October 16 we arrived from Londolozi (great experience again !) to Castleton.
Lisa welcomed us and Dylan introduced the safari-staff !
We got our houses and felt immediately very, very good !
During our stay, 4 nights, we had a fantastic time...food, safari, possibilities to entertain yourself, the bungalows, being relaxed, the circumstances...GREAT !
Except...the staff who did the drinks and food !
For whatever reason, I did not feel welcome by them !
No contact, no smile, not professional, not warm, not kind, not decent service,....NOT AFRICA as we know !
I do safari's since 1999, have seen more then 40 lodges in Southern- and East Africa, but there are no places where I felt more bad then here that first night/next morning !
I discussed with Dylan and I think he discussed with Lisa...
It became better...really, but we never got the real warm feelings we expected !
During my discussion with Lisa about it (and I gave her a personal letter with my experiences/advices) I explained here in detail what and where it went wrong !
Such a shame that a dream can be partly destroyed by 2 waiters.
Want to come back...it's still a dream-place, but this is so important for me, that I want to share it with you !
Personal contact between staff and guests is very, very important and I think that staff should be screened on being capable to do so in optima forma !

Dylan by the way...and his "safari"-staff...is GREAT !!!
What a flexibility, knowledge, friendlyness, ...!
Gilbert

Room Tip: Room 1 seems to be bigger...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Gilbert v
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Most fantastic stay in an extremely relaxed homely but beautiful environment. If you are an ardent lover of leopards this is the place for you. We saw leopard almost every day with the most magnificent male leopard lying right next to us and gracing us with his presence. Watched wild dogs on the hunt, extremely intelligent animals when one has made a kill it goes off to collect the rest of the pack to come and share in the spoils. Saw huge male lions and a very large herd of buffalo. Sat in the middle of a herd of feeding elephant with babies frolicking around us. Truly a memorable experience. The lodge itself if so peaceful with the animals walking right past the lodge, only a wire to keep the elephants out so they do not destroy the garden or the pool. Went to bed one night with a lion roaring so close, thought it was right outside the bedroom window! Rangers and staff absolutely fantastic, very knowledgable and friendly. Great experience

Room Tip: All rooms very nice and not on top of each other.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pepperv
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at Castleton Singita Sands and it was true paradise. Imagine eating breakfast and watching elephants, zebras, or giraffes parade across the frontage. From the time we arrived until we left, we were pampered by staff. No request was denied. The food was exceptional and the hospitality and service was personal. Everyone smiled and seemed genuinely pleased that we were their guests. Each morning and afternoon, we traveled throughout the park to view and photograph the animals. This was an exceptional trip and I enjoyed every minute. Claude and Marinda, all the guides and trackers, Jane and the kitchen staff including Gloria and Constance were ready and available at any time to help us. Loved the food and the views!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank nightingale1972
Reviewed August 30, 2011

If you've ever wanted to own your estate in the African Bush, this is your spot. Less glamourous in decor, but just as incredible as the Ebony and Boulders lodge in every other way. When you arrive, the staff hand over their home to you and your guests. From that moment forward, service is seamless, personal, professional and simply perfect. Game viewing is unparalled and it's impossible not to have a trip of a lifetime here. Did I mention the service? Warm and always a surprise in presentation. I've been coming to Castleton for many years in a row and it just keeps getting better. In fact, every time I leave I wonder how they will top the previous trip and they always do. You have the same rangers, service, food as the main lodges but you literally take over the entire lodge with 11 of your friends. It's the most incredible opportunity to gather friends and family and go into the bush together. No strangers that you are forced to have dinner with (or other people's kids.) Your group, your friends --so no annoying impatient guests stuck in your car. Also, Castleton has its own watering hole on the back of the property. So even when you are not on game rides you can be game viewing. The hole attracts animals all day long. This place is the best kept secret at Singita and an incredible deal when you gather your group!
I can't wait to go back! Thanks Castleton, you are magic!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank SomeGuyUSA
JanalynF, Manager at Singita Castleton, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about Singita Castleton Camp. The camp is coming alive with new green leaves, birds are finding their way back, and the dam and surroundings are lively with elephants wallowing in the mud. We are truly looking forward to welcoming you back to Singita Castleton soon.
Marinda Visagie - Camp Manager

Reviewed October 23, 2010

You can read my entire review of this remarkable place by cutting and pasting this web site:

I have taken many many trips to Africa and for the best price, the best animal viewing, the best service and the best accomadations it doesn't come any better than Singita's Castleton Lodge. Book it today.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 14, 2009

This family holiday brought together a family spead over two continents. From the onset the service was impeccable and when we were shown our luxurious rooms we knew we were in for an extraordinary experience. Our host Madeline, Guide Scott and tracker James along with a team of professional staff made our experience one we could never forget. Infact we we "home" sick from Castleton when we moved to our next lodge! Highly recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank LVRSydney

Been to Singita Castleton? Share your experiences!