Honeyguide Khoka Moya & Mantobeni Camps
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
SUN1 Pretoria(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$40
Travelocity
Fortis Hotel Capital(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$91
Agoda.com
Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Pool
Arcadia Hotel(Pretoria)
$86
  • Restaurant
All reviewstented campwater holewatering holegame drivesmorning and eveningwonderful experienceclose to naturesmall poolsafari experiencethe reserveoff roadshower areawent straightelectric blanketsfellow gueststhree nightsafter dark
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Me and my family love the Bush and almost every year we go on Safaris. This year we stayed for 4 nights at honeyguide Khoka Moya and can only praise the Management and the Ranger Richer that where with us for the whole stay.
The food was excellent what a great cook, where did they find her?

We did love the tents and even though you rarely have cell phone coverage you do have internet wireless in the camp and tents, great.

From me and my family especially the young one, thank you very much for a lovely time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
wombat1, Owner at Honeyguide Khoka Moya & Mantobeni Camps, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2010

Thank you for your review.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us - and thanks for mentioning the guide Richard and the food provided by our chef, Mama G!

We hope to see you again.

Warmest regards

Peter Aucamp
Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps

Reviewed April 9, 2010

My husband and I and two year old son have just returned from 3 nights at Khoka Moya, the Honeyguide camp that accepts children.

The weather was against us so the game viewing was very poor. My husband did see the big five over 6 game drives but it was like one lion, flash of a leopard etc. The driver and tracker were okay but I have had a lot more knowledgeable before.
The food was nice and the standard of acccommodation was also nice.

The real comment I want to make in this review is with respect to what the website says re family safaris as written below:

"Honeyguide Khoka Moya Camp offers an educational program for children of all ages. Parents wishing to visit a luxury private camp in the greater Kruger National Park area are able to have the peace of mind that their children are welcome and cared for. The children’s program includes a children’s activity centre, supervised by the camp staff where children can engage in a variety of activities. Upon arrival the children are given a tee shirt with the Honeyguide name.Younger children are handed colouring in books. Bead making. Cookie making in the kitchen. There are some basic sporting implements such as soccer and cricket. Our swimming pool has a wading area and we can supply inflatable arm bans if required. Children are welcome to go on drives with their parents."

On the basis of these comments I selected this reserve.With regard to the above I make the following comments:

There were a number of children at the site during our stay-there was no visable eductaional program. The childrens activity centre was a dvd room. There was no supervision unless specifically requested. My son was given a t-shirt on day three. There were no colouring in books. Old paper was provided on request. The beads were left out on the bench for kids wanting to make a necklace. There was no cookie making. I saw one half inflated football/no cricket bat. The swimming pool is in serious need of a lick of paint and the sides cleaning. There was no area for my son to wade in.

On the upside most of the staff were child friendly and when I explained my disappoint to Brett the manager he did assign a lady to help look after my son whilst I went out on a game drive and occasionally during a meal and overall our stay was okay. Also we had a free laundry service which was welcome. At more than 600 usd a night though I was expecting a little more. especially given the comments on the web site....

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
wombat1, Owner at Honeyguide Khoka Moya & Mantobeni Camps, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2010

I am grateful to this guest for providing her feedback on her stay. Sadly due to inclement weather the game viewing was not as plentiful as usual. I am pleased however that they saw “the big 5”. I am also pleased that they enjoyed the standard of accommodation and the food. With regard to the childrens activities, on receipt of her comments, we performed an audit of what was available for children and have already enhanced the variety of activities available particularly for poor weather when children are likely to be indoors. The guides continue to supervise outdoor activities and we have a staff member overseeing the indoor activities. I have been in direct contact with the guest who has provided some useful suggestions for entertaining younger children such as her two year old son. She has also confirmed that the USD600 she refers to was the total daily rate paid for her family of 3. I mention that this includes all meals, all beverages, all activities a complimentary nanny service which she availed of as well as laundry. Peter Aucamp, Co-Owner, Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps

Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were lucky enough to stay at Honeyguide for 4 nights in December 09. From the very outset we knew we were in for a treat. The service from all areas was exemplary. Brett (manager) was very friendly and no request was too big or small. The kitchen served up excellent meals - all of them were outstanding and the matched wines were a nice touch. Our guide (Dries) was fantastic and took the time to really show us around and made sure that we were comfortable the entire time we were there. The accommodation is very comfortable and the "tents" are very roomy. Our 5 days there were without doubt the best of our 4 weeks trip around South Africa. If you are after an African experience in comfort, then this is the place to head to.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gpbSydney
wombat1, Owner at Honeyguide Khoka Moya & Mantobeni Camps, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2010

I am one of the owners of Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us this last December. I have passed your comments on to the Honeyguide team. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Peter Aucamp
Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps

Reviewed December 26, 2009

We were after something authentic to complete our month in S/Africa, something with wildlife, something where you could be amongst the wildlife, so considered 'camping'. But we wanted something COMFORTABLE. Honeyguide did not disappoint - good beds, good food and good wildlife viewing. We saw the Big 5 and more. We saw lions everyday, the bird life was spectacular - we even got down to snakes and lizards. Our Guide Dries together with his Tracker, they were able to show us the true "wild" side of Africa. Actually all the Staff showed their enthusiasm in having you understand and enjoy their country and what it has to offer.
One thing I would mention - if you wanted everything bright and shiny new - go somewhere else. We found everything well maintained and experienced no problems...only heaps of fun and loads of laughs during our 7 day stay.
We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MyallTeaGardens
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We had the Mantobene Camp where kids are not allowed. This all-inclusive place is just the right place to see the big five. Your guide really tries to show you all big five and some more. Food is delicious and more than enough. Free WiFi in the main lodge.
Tented Camp is a exciting experience, especially when you are very close to the waterwhole. We also had an elefant drinking out of the pool

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple