WOW!!! If you want a perfect safari experience - the one you pictured in your mind all of those years you dreamed of going to South Africa - you MUST go to Honeyguide!
Seriously - who goes on safari in S. Africa and wants to stay in a resort with lots of people and swimming pools all around? Safari is the time to be part of nature and really let yourself get absorbed in the experience of it all. At Honeyguide you'll stay in tents (albeit VERY nice tents with bathrooms in them) where you can sleep IN nature. Fall asleep to the crickets and wake up in the middle of the night to listen to the lions roaring!
We had lions right in the camp one night. It was like listening to a duet as they were roaring back and forth with each other. An elephant also decided to spend the day with us one day - he popped around the corner during lunch one day to stick his trunk in the plunge pool for a drink!
Wickus was an amazing host - making sure we had fabulous food, drinks, coffee in the morning after the wakeup call. But with all this pampering we really felt like we were as close to nature as we could be. The camp is small so we had a chance to get to know everyone else there. We all ate our meals together at one communal table and formed some great friendships.
Lyton and Walter were our guide and tracker respectively, and they taught us so much about the wildlife. Walter REALLY tracked the animals and predicted their behavior based on tracks and kills and other animal behavior. Unlike some of the amusement park guides who pretend they know what they're doing at the other camps. Lyton was full of personality and loved making our day with the sightings. You could tell he really loves what he's doing (I don't blame him!)
We saw it all - the Big 5 and then some! We saw more than we imagined we would see. The overall experience was nothing short of spectacular. It exceeded our expectations by leaps and bounds.
We're already talking about a trip back to Honeyguide where we can rent out all of the tents and bring our friends and family. You really have to go - no excuses! You can't beat this experience. I dare you to try:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury tented safari camps in the Manyeleti Reserve in the Greater Kruger National Park. Stay either at Mantobeni, the more classic camp with its Nehru tents on wooden decks set in a forested water course, or the contemporary designed Khoka Moya camp with its larger tents and which welcomes children of all ages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Honeyguide Khoka Moya & Mantobeni Camps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps Hotel Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Honeyguide Khoka Moya & Mantobeni Camps South Africa/Manyeleti Game Reserve