My husband and I stayed here as the second leg of our honeymoon - our first trip ever to Africa. Tintswalo was a very different experience from our first lodge (Nottens Bush Camp) with electricity (and heat!) in the rooms. As two of six guests staying at the lodge, service here definitely felt super personalized. We had dinner with the other guests and the owners of the lodge the first night. Food here was so different from Nottens but equally spectacular. Think smoked salmon during afternoon tea styled lunches and made-to-order dinners.
On the game drives here we ended up being surrounded by hundreds of buffalo. We also got to witness two lions mating. Our guide, Patrick, was so knowledgeable and always took care of us.
Tintswalo likes to really sell the fact that they create a man-made watering hole to attract animals, but we found that most of the nicer lodges did this from what other travelers said. While we were sitting there, buffalo and elephants both came to the watering hole, but its nothing big.
While at Tintswalo we also we took an excursion to see Jessica the hippo. Petting, feeding and massaging a hippo was definitely a first for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private safari lodge within the pristine Manyeleti reserve adjoining the Fenceless boundary of the Kruger National Park. Private plunge pools, big 5 game, amazing cuisine. Manor house can take children with a fantastic children's program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, South African Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Tintswalo Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tintswalo Hotel Manyeleti Game Reserve
- Tintswalo Kruger National Park
- Tintswalo Safari Lodge South Africa/Manyeleti Game Reserve