“Unforgettable in every way!!!!!!!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Tree Camp
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It has taken me nearly a month to come back down to earth here in Darwin, Australia after our Londolozi Tree Camp experience to be able to write this review. Only now am I able to describe the unforgettable time we experienced. Already we have a return visit booked for around the same time in 2014 and are seriously counting down each passing day till we go back. Every day provided highlights beyond our expectation! Game drives with Mark as guide and Bennet as tracker, provided not only many special sightings and scenery but also a level of professionalism that must be acknowledged. Being a novice at photography, I appreciated the advice, patience and on-the-spot tutorials Mark was happy to provide to ensure the images I captured on film were fantastic.
My husband and I now understand the meaning of being part of the "Londolozi family" because that is precisely how we felt. Erin's welcoming manner, Robert's demeanour and attention to detail and personal service at meal times, the friendliness of all other staff with whom we came in contact was exceptional. Duncan's pairing of wines with our special dinner on the first evening was perfect! We were fortunate to experience dinner in the boma on two nights during our four night stay. What a way to end an adrenalin-filled day!
One of the utmost highlights of our visit was the "surprise" lunch in the treetops deck. To be just the two of us, alone for a time, with a gourmet lunch, the river below, the bush and the elephants was overwhelming!!! To be afforded this opportunity made us feel so very special.
Our hut exceeded our expectations in every respect as well.
Time passed too quickly for us, and we are going back. Londolozi Tree Camp experience 2013 is etched in our memory forever. Thank you.
Marg and Dick, Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Marg and Dick G
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Marg and Dick,

It is so wonderful to hear that you will be returning in 2014, we look so forward to welcoming you back with open arms in Tree Camp. Thank you for taking the time out after coming back to earth to write such a wonderful review on Londolozi.

I will be sure to send your thanks onto Erin, Mark, Bennet and the rest of the Tree Camp family.

Until next time...keep well!
Lots of love,
Your Londolozi family

Reviewed September 20, 2013

If I live to be 100 years old I'm sure I will never have an experience as fantastic as the 4 nights that I spent at Londolozi's Tree Camp! The entire safari experience was amazing. We had the most knowledgable, amazing Ranger, Mark, and the most fantastic Tracker, Lucky, who made our time here so special. We saw the Big 5 in the first 24 hours here and then went on to see some really rare sights, such as 4 Lionesses with 9 cubs, a Cheetah mother and 2 cubs, a big male Lion, Leopards and cubs, as well as Hyenas and a Honey Badger in broad daylight! Every day was more amazing than the day before and I had to keep pinching myself to believe I was actually here and living this wonderful adventure in this very magical place! Mark was always patient and never tired of answering our never-ending (and sometimes stupid, I'm sure) questions. He has the greatest personality and sense of humour and really went out of his way, each and every day, to make sure we had the adventure of a lifetime. Lucky is such a patient, kind and gentle soul and the most outstanding Tracker. He seems to instinctively sense things as much as he sees things, and actually knew there was a tiny Chameleon on a tree leaf while driving in the land rover in the dark on the way back from evening game drive...absolutely astounding! He did this twice in the 5 days we were there! He and Mark together, make this incredible team that gave us memories for a lifetime. Kate, Jess, Matthews and everyone at Tree Camp were fantastic, obviously love their work and were incredible people to spend time with. The rooms and food were great and I have never enjoyed a vacation more than I did at Londolozi. Everyone here is a true ambassador to beautiful South Africa and all the breathtakingly beautiful animals that live here. We highly recommend Londolozi and we truly hope that it will not be long before we will be able to return once again. Thanks so much for the experience of a lifetime!

Jill and Fred.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Jill L
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

Hi Fred and Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Londolozi Tree Camp. I will be sure to send your kind words onto Jess, Mark, Lucky, Matthews and all the staff at Tree camp that made your stay so enjoyable.

We look so forward to welcoming you back to Londolozi in the not so far future.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our second visit to Tree Camp. We had such a wonderful time last year with Tom and Jeremiah that we were nervous about trying to repeat the experience. We needn't have worried - Mark and Lucky real got stuck in (literally!) to ensure we had a truly marvellous time.

The highlights were the animal sightings, but our overall impression was of an exceptional safari camp second to none. All the staff were friendly and professional, the food was everything we would expect in a five star camp, with exciting locations such as the bush barbeque, known as brai in South Africa. Our accommodation was luxurious with the added bonus of animal sightings from our private deck and plunge pool. We thoroughly recommend Tree Camp as one of the top safaris destinations in Sabi Sands.

Room Tip: All the villas are equally wonderful, spacious and luxurious.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Autraliantraveller

Dear Autraliantraveller,

Thank your for the wonderful review on Londolozi Tree Camp. It is always so wonderful to hear of a second visit being as enjoyable as the first! I will be sure to send your kind words on Mark, Lucky and all the staff at Tree camp.

We look so forward to welcoming you back for the third time.

Your Londolozi family

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Londolozi is absolutely in the once in a lifetime experience category. Not just the fabulous time you will have viewing the amazing array of animal life but the accommodation, dining and service experience. every single member of the team here gets what quality service is about while still maintaining a delightfully friendly and welcoming environment. The food is outstanding and they never stop feeding you, the rooms are absolutely sumptuous and what a delight to be able to look out your lounge window and see an elephant feeding in the bush down below you. to top it off the wildlife viewing in fantastic. Sitting within feet of Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, Elephants it is difficult to find words to describe how amazing it was. We saw everything we wanted to see and more. Baby Leopards, baby Hyenas, a porcupine rushing through the brush, a male Lion roaring in the night 6 feet from the vehicle. The guides and trackers are incredibly knowledgeable and skilled but also possess a genuine love and enthusiasm for the bush which is infectious. the whole experience was just perfect

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Murrpark,

It i so wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Londolozi Tree Camp. We look so forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am tempted to refer to Chris F's review, write "Like he said," and leave it at that. I can only vouch for the authenticity and veracity of everything he said. My wife and I also had the good fortune of having Ranger Mike, Tracker Like, and manager Jess as the best team imaginable. Our only "complaint" is that we only had five days to spend there. A year would be far more appropriate.
So let me see if I can find some things Chris F didn't mention. First the drill: A knock on the door at 5:45 AM with a tray of hot french-pressed coffee, the best orange juice in the world (It's like they take peeled oranges and just throw them in a blender,) fruit and yogurt, just to be awake enough to get into the landrover at 6:15 AM for the morning drive. Back around 9:30 AM for breakfast, always with some great special, and the best muesli imaginable. (Jess kindly gave us the recipe.) (Breakfast one morning out in the bush with Chef Robbie's scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. Best scrambled eggs in the world. Better than I can make at home.) Get some rest before lunch and the PM game drive if possible. We felt we just didn't have time to allow ourselves to truly luxuriate in our - what do I call it? It's not a room. It's more like a chalet. My wife skipped one of the drives, just to be able to spend SOME time in the chalet.
Every chalet is not only beautifully decorated, but the living room is stocked with wonderful reading material including "Londolozi - The Journey," and "I Speak of Africa" (which I purchased when I got home - a must read) and books about wildlife and birds etc. Every evening, the beds have been turned down with our cocoon of mosquito netting, with "Pleasant Sleep" having been sprayed.
The wildlife in camp is great with vervet monkeys, nyalas and duikers roaming freely.
Dinner in the BOMA is beyond magical. It's like the nighttime scene in the movie "Avatar." The kerosene lanterns, the roaring wood fire, glowing coals, the full moon, the sandy floor. I could go on and on.
The game drives - Mike and Like's dedication, knowledge, toughness and kindness - absolutely extraordinary. All the game Chris F talked about, plus birds. Some people say, "Came to Londolozi for the leopards. Stayed for the birds." Could be true! Burchell's starlings, Greater blue-eared starlings, red-billed and yellow-billed hornbills, crested barbets, African jacanas, red-billed oxpeckers, speckle-throated woodpeckers, purple rollers and lilac breasted rollers - what a feast for the eye.
In fact, that is what Londolozi is - A feast for the eye, the heart and the soul. Bravo, and thank you, Londlozi.

Room Tip: Room 2 is superb.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael K
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Michael K,

Thank you for the most wonderful words about Londolozi Tree Camp. We are so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay. You spot on about the orange juice...that is exactly what we do - through peeled oranges into a blender! I will be sure to get your thoughtful words to Mike, Like, Jess and the rest of the Tree camp staff.

We look so forward to having you with us again to hopefully see more of those wonderful birds and maybe a leopard or two?!

Much love,

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The entire experience was perfect!
Kate was the BEST ranger ever!! Mark was a wonderful host and New Year's Eve was amazing! The meals were delicious and always beautifully presented!!
Each night dinner was in a unique setting.
Animal sightings were terrific; the love they have for the animals and their protection is wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank BAHAAtlanta_Georgia
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hi BAHAAtlanta_Georgia,

Thank you for posting those great pictures and such a wonderful review. It is great to hear that your stay was so enjoyable,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe the experience we had at Londolozi Tree Camp – it was spectacular from the moment we arrived at the airstrip to be collected by our guide and welcomed to camp with a glass of good quality champagne and a warm welcome.

The first wonder are the staff – every single person is unfailingly cheerful friendly, helpful and willing to go out of their way to make your stay a superb one and one which is tailored to your interests. For example we enjoy wine and were surprised and delighted on the return from our afternoon game drive to be taken to a fabulous wine tasting complete with white table cloths, glasses, nibbles all surrounded by bush lamps in the middle of the park on sunset with very pleasant company – heaven on wheels for us. Staff are around to welcome you back to camp and interact but they also respect your space and leave you to enjoy time on your own without interruption, which was great. We had our own table for breakfast lunch and dinner to share the experiences of the day and also enjoyed sharing dinner on a couple of evenings with Mike, Jess -our Camp manager or our game drive companions.

Second wonder are the rooms and the lodge itself – spacious, luxurious, private and superbly furnished rooms with not a detail skimped on. The bed was massive and so comfortable surrounded by lovely sculpted mossie nets. The bathroom, outside shower and plunge pool, dressing room, private deck, lounge all marvellous spaces to relax.
The Lodge is beautiful, stylish, elegant and very tastefully decorated, it has stunning views across the bush from the deck where you can spot animals as they pass by. Dinner is served in a special outdoor space with candles and lamps to create a lovely atmosphere.

Third wonder - the food which was unbelievably good, fresh, varied and plentiful and would do justice to a Michelin star or two – breakfast, lunch dinner all have multiple delicious choices, specials and are served in very special venues – the tree top deck is beautiful and entertaining as staff chase off the ever watchful monkeys looking for a moment to steal a muffin! We tried impala and many bush fruits and tastes which were fascinating and delicious. Wines are local and delicious and every taste is catered for. One (tongue in cheek) negative is the food is irresistible and so I leave several kilos heavier!

Notice I have not even started on the game drives – they are a wonder of their own and absolutely out of this world! Mike and Like our driver and tracker were so keen, enthusiastic, personable, friendly, helpful and had great sense of humour and delivered every animal we wanted to see. They showed us the animals that were out and about on the day with searching for those we specifically wanted to see. We had several unforgettable and memorable experiences – rhinos – not one, not even two but across the day we saw three groups totalling ten rhino – I never ever believed I would see a single one!!!! Leopard every day often with cubs and kills in a tree, then male lions then lionesses with seven cubs then a kill and watching them eat the unfortunate impala – I could list the amazing fantastic and brilliant sights we saw for days. Mike also knew the best positions for us to get the best photos, light, angle, framing and he managed to position he vehicle and reposition several times to get the shots we wanted . And don’t for a moment think you’ll be watching animals and birds from hundreds of yards distance – here animals ignore vehicles so while you’ll use your telephoto most of the time a wide angle is vital for close encounters. Best of all was Mike and Likes incredible knowledge which they willingly shared answering every question we came up with. They also have an amazing ability to understand behaviour so their unerring sense of timing gave us opportunities for experiences such as lion kills, leopard walking with a cub and following wild dogs which need patience which was richly rewarded. This is far more than a regular ‘drive by’ type of tour where you clock the animal and go – this gives you an understanding of the rhythms of their life – and sometimes their death.
Mike even ‘gave us’ an extra night at Londolozi – we thought we were leaving Monday but we were actually leaving Tuesday – another whole day of heaven!

So what could be better here? It’s almost impossible to think of a thing. Coffee –was considered great by most people but as drinkers of exceptional coffee we missed a good ristretto!

Room Tip: I am sure every room is perfect at Tree Camp as the layout gives everyone a bush view in front of th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank chris f

Hi Chris F,

It is truly wonderful to hear what a spectacular time you had at Tree Camp Londolozi! It is so great to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I will make sure that your kind words make their way to all parties mentioned.
We look forward to a possible return visit but until then I hope that you are able to keep your Londolozi fix by reading our blog.

Much love,

Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
#10 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve
Leopard Hills Private Game Reser...
#1 of 1 in Leopard Hills Private Game Reserve

Been to Londolozi Tree Camp? Share your experiences!