“Going to Londolozi is like being with family in one of God's secret special places!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Londolozi Tree Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Tree Camp
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The entire experience was perfect!
Kate was the BEST ranger ever!! Mark was a wonderful host and New Year's Eve was amazing! The meals were delicious and always beautifully presented!!
Each night dinner was in a unique setting.
Animal sightings were terrific; the love they have for the animals and their protection is wonderful!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank BAHAAtlanta_Georgia
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hi BAHAAtlanta_Georgia,

Thank you for posting those great pictures and such a wonderful review. It is great to hear that your stay was so enjoyable,

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe the experience we had at Londolozi Tree Camp – it was spectacular from the moment we arrived at the airstrip to be collected by our guide and welcomed to camp with a glass of good quality champagne and a warm welcome.

The first wonder are the staff – every single person is unfailingly cheerful friendly, helpful and willing to go out of their way to make your stay a superb one and one which is tailored to your interests. For example we enjoy wine and were surprised and delighted on the return from our afternoon game drive to be taken to a fabulous wine tasting complete with white table cloths, glasses, nibbles all surrounded by bush lamps in the middle of the park on sunset with very pleasant company – heaven on wheels for us. Staff are around to welcome you back to camp and interact but they also respect your space and leave you to enjoy time on your own without interruption, which was great. We had our own table for breakfast lunch and dinner to share the experiences of the day and also enjoyed sharing dinner on a couple of evenings with Mike, Jess -our Camp manager or our game drive companions.

Second wonder are the rooms and the lodge itself – spacious, luxurious, private and superbly furnished rooms with not a detail skimped on. The bed was massive and so comfortable surrounded by lovely sculpted mossie nets. The bathroom, outside shower and plunge pool, dressing room, private deck, lounge all marvellous spaces to relax.
The Lodge is beautiful, stylish, elegant and very tastefully decorated, it has stunning views across the bush from the deck where you can spot animals as they pass by. Dinner is served in a special outdoor space with candles and lamps to create a lovely atmosphere.

Third wonder - the food which was unbelievably good, fresh, varied and plentiful and would do justice to a Michelin star or two – breakfast, lunch dinner all have multiple delicious choices, specials and are served in very special venues – the tree top deck is beautiful and entertaining as staff chase off the ever watchful monkeys looking for a moment to steal a muffin! We tried impala and many bush fruits and tastes which were fascinating and delicious. Wines are local and delicious and every taste is catered for. One (tongue in cheek) negative is the food is irresistible and so I leave several kilos heavier!

Notice I have not even started on the game drives – they are a wonder of their own and absolutely out of this world! Mike and Like our driver and tracker were so keen, enthusiastic, personable, friendly, helpful and had great sense of humour and delivered every animal we wanted to see. They showed us the animals that were out and about on the day with searching for those we specifically wanted to see. We had several unforgettable and memorable experiences – rhinos – not one, not even two but across the day we saw three groups totalling ten rhino – I never ever believed I would see a single one!!!! Leopard every day often with cubs and kills in a tree, then male lions then lionesses with seven cubs then a kill and watching them eat the unfortunate impala – I could list the amazing fantastic and brilliant sights we saw for days. Mike also knew the best positions for us to get the best photos, light, angle, framing and he managed to position he vehicle and reposition several times to get the shots we wanted . And don’t for a moment think you’ll be watching animals and birds from hundreds of yards distance – here animals ignore vehicles so while you’ll use your telephoto most of the time a wide angle is vital for close encounters. Best of all was Mike and Likes incredible knowledge which they willingly shared answering every question we came up with. They also have an amazing ability to understand behaviour so their unerring sense of timing gave us opportunities for experiences such as lion kills, leopard walking with a cub and following wild dogs which need patience which was richly rewarded. This is far more than a regular ‘drive by’ type of tour where you clock the animal and go – this gives you an understanding of the rhythms of their life – and sometimes their death.
Mike even ‘gave us’ an extra night at Londolozi – we thought we were leaving Monday but we were actually leaving Tuesday – another whole day of heaven!

So what could be better here? It’s almost impossible to think of a thing. Coffee –was considered great by most people but as drinkers of exceptional coffee we missed a good ristretto!

Room Tip: I am sure every room is perfect at Tree Camp as the layout gives everyone a bush view in front of th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chris f
Hi Chris F,

It is truly wonderful to hear what a spectacular time you had at Tree Camp Londolozi! It is so great to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. I will make sure that your kind words make their way to all parties mentioned.
We look forward to a possible return visit but until then I hope that you are able to keep your Londolozi fix by reading our blog.

Much love,
B..C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Londolozi exceeds excellence! From the moment we arrived, it was clear that we had found paradise in South Africa. The accommodations, food, and overall ambience was perfection.
However, no beautiful safari lodge can make a visit special without wonderful people. There is no rating high enough for the dedicated men and women at Tree Camp all of whom made our stay fantastic. In particular,,Mark, you will certainly be missed; Sersant and Robert, your friendly smiles and expert service at every meal was a delight. And to all who prepared those wonderful meals, thank you!

The wildlife was amazing - we witnessed many unbelievable sights and we owe it all to our Ranger Talley and Tracker, Freddie. Your passion for the animals at Londolozi, and your skills are undeniable. Each and every game drive was beautiful and we thank you for sharing that passion and knowledge with us. if you are looking for the perfect safari experience, look no further than
Londolozi Tree Camp.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear WinChloe,

The Tree Camp staff are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to your return visit.

Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I did a lot of research before I booked our safari. Londolozi continued to come to the top of the list on every review site. After reading all the reviews on TA, I wasn't sure that it could live up to my high expectations. Luckily I was wrong - very wrong. Not only did it live up to my expectations, it exceeded them. We elected to pay extra and stay in Tree Camp and it was an excellent decision that was worth the money. Lisa was there to greet us with champagne when we arrived and I knew right then that I had picked the right spot. The hospitality and service were incredible and the food delicious. They also mixed things up every evening. We had dinner in a different location every night that made it really special. Our Ranger, David and Tracker, Robert, were nothing short of amazing. We were joking with them because every time we asked about seeing a certain animal, as if on cue, we would come across that animal.

I miss Londolozi and long to go back there. I miss the early game drives with the blankets and warm hot water bottles; I miss the sundowners; I miss Lisa asking us how our day was and what we saw; I miss the romantic Sercent (sp) who made our dinner one evening very special and also made sure we got to our room safely; I miss the delicious South Africa wine and meals and the incredibly warm staff. We went for a safari but got so much more staying at Londolozi.

Going on a safari was at the top of my bucket list. I am not sure how I could ever top our experience at Londolozi.

Room Tip: Tree Camp is awesome if you are not traveling with kids. Very quiet and relaxing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear 5Mngirls,

Thank you for your kind review. I will be sure the get the feedback to the Tree Camp staff. It was wonderful having you and we look forward to a return visit.

Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I are not strangers to Londolozi, having had a superb holiday previously at Pioneer camp. With our expectations set high, based on our previous experience, we were not disappointed!

The hospitality from the staff is nothing short of excellent and the game viewing simply 'out of this world'! Our ranger Daniel and our tracker Like did their best to provide us with the sightings we were looking for. Just two on our list remained elusive during our stay - the cheetah and wild dog, who I believe from the blog, made an appearance just days after we were there.

Thank you to all the staff at Londolozi and to Shan Varty for a wonderful time (yet again). I really must make a note of the pillows you have next time we visit, as I simply have to get some for home!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hi RoadTrippinCape,

We are so glad that your return visit did not disappoint! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and I will make sure that Daniel and Like hear this great feedback!

Look forward to your next visit!
Much love,
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our 9th visit to Londolozi reminded us how spectacular this place really is. The warm, caring, intelligent and insightful approach to the safari experience makes us rate Londolozi #1. Duncan, Mark, Mathews and the rest of the Tree Camp team are fantastic, surpassed only by the hospitality and abundance of the wildlife.

Room Tip: Room 6 enjoys a serene view over the Sand River.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DilagentDD
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hi DilagentDD,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your ninth stay so much, we thoroughly enjoyed seeing you again and look so forward to your next stay! Dunan, Mark, Matt, Tom, Jerry and the rest of the Londolozi staff send their best regards!

Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Firstly, I'd like to thank Londolozi for what has become a 'moment' in the Bell family.
My fiance and I have been fortunate enough to go on safari in South Africa but my parents, visiting from the UK, were bush debutants - the best people to share your safari experience as you get to witness their excitement, and Londolozi was the best place to take them.
The warmest arrival from the Tree Camp Team, stunning suites with personal pool and a bed you can get lost in.
Tom and Jerry (yes, you read correctly) were the perfect tracker and ranger who provided an unlimited source of knowledge of everything living in the Sabi Sands, as well as a magical morning spent with a leopard and her cup, walking with Giraffes and the beautiful family of Rhino.
The food and wine was sensational, especially the surprise Boma dinner held on our last night in the middle of the velt.
And last but no means least, the BEST massage I have ever had, and I take my spa very seriously.
We cannot wait to be back to see all the wonderful staff again who made us feel so at home from the moment we arrived.

Thank you thank you thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Tree Camp, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hi HellsBellsCT,

Thank you for the great review on Londolozi Tree Camp, it is so wonderful to hear that you had such a great time with us. We find it just as fun introducing bush debutants to safari and we are so glad your parents enjoyed it! I will be sure to get the great comments to Tom and Jerry!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Game Reserve
#2 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Reserve
Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Reser...
#9 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Dulini Lodge
Dulini Lodge
#1 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Lion Sands River Lodge
Lion Sands River Lodge
#12 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve

Been to Londolozi Tree Camp? Share your experiences!