“The Best”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Varty Camp
Bradenton fl
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

My third time to Londolozi and my second stay at Varty. I go to Africa for the animals but each time I return I make new unforgettable friends at this camp. Expectations are always high and somehow i leave with better memories and sightings than the time before.
I am an amateur photographer and was pleased to find not only do they have experienced photographers as guides but they actually have a creative photo lab where you can downed your photos and take them home on canvas if you can't wait. They even helped troubleshoot and adjusted my focus on my new nikon. They do rent cameras and lenses btw.
OK now for the animals and the sightings. Leopard , cheetah and lions- Male lions, female lions and cubs. My tracker Trevor and my ranger Bennett were amazing. Big cats every drive.
My review would not be complete without mentioning specifically what made the hospitality so 5 star. Simone and Graeme my camp mangers at Varty! Although they were both new to this camp they truly knew how to make me feel like family. I felt as if i was visiting family and I was a guest in their home.

Room Tip: Loved room number 4 right next to the beautiful Varty deck
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank beanie2664
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Varty Camp, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hi Beanie 2664,

We are so glad that you made use of our newest offer, the camera rental and Creative Hub, it has been a long process to put this all in place and the feedback is fantastic. We look so forward to welcoming you back soon and viewing more of your great pictures.

Much love,
Your Londolozi family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Suffield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I visited Londolozi in July 2013 and can't begin to describe its magic. I travelled there alone but never felt lonely. The place itself feels like home and the people who live and work there have a warmth and grace about them that is unique in my travel experiences. I had the great fortune to be paired with a lovely British family on our game drives and we bonded quickly in mutual awe of the magnificence of the landscape and animals. We saw so much and yet I feel that I could go back tomorrow and see it again with fresh eyes. The accomodations are gorgeous in Varty Camp, the food was delicious, and excursions out to the village and the community were informative and meaningful. I will never forget my time here and can only hope I can return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Catherine517
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Varty Camp, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Catherine517,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Londolozi Varty Camp. It is great to hear that you became part of the Londolozi family in such a sort space of time!

We look forward to your next visit!

sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at Londolozi Varty in September 2013. Many of the reviews have already described the incredible rooms, the dedicated and welcoming staff, and the magnificent surrounds. Not to mention the amazing animals.

There is so much to say about Londolozi - it will surpass all your expectations and dreams. But after all the other excellent reviews, the only thing I can add is - just go!

Thanks to Londolozi for one of the best (if not THE best) holiday I have ever had. See you next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank nell-australia-7
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Varty Camp, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Nell-Australia-7,

We are so glad to hear the you 'just went' to Londolozi and your stay was so enjoyable! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from our stay. What a fabulous place! The staff were extra friendly, the food excellent, the quality of the interior design of all the lodges top notch, not to mention the game drives which exceeded all my expectations. Within 1 day we had seen everything we came to Africa to see. Early the first morning we came upon a leopard and her baby cub romping and preening and playing just under a tree with their kill. What a thrill. Mike, our guide, was fabulous and went the "extra mile" to find the animals for us to view. The suite was extremely inviting and the bathroom most generous with both an indoor and outdoor shower and plunge pool. I certainly look forward to visiting again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi LisaRose22,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Londolozi Varty Camp. Your pictures look fantastic, thank you for sharing! We look forward to having you with us again in the future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed in Varty Camp for four nights in September 2013 and had a fantastic experience. Everyone there was very friendly and focused on making our visit fun and relaxing, and Simone (the camp manager) made our stay even more enjoyable by going above and beyond in checking in with us and setting up a special dinner with another couple. The food was delicious, great wine, and our ranger/tracker was phenomenal, ensuring we saw all the animals we wanted to!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Varty Camp, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear jy214,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a wonderful review on Londolozi Varty Camp. I will be sure to send your kind words onto Simon and the Varty Camp staff.

We look forward to your return visit.

Your Londolozi family
Roswell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

What an amazing trip and safari. We thought we knew what to expect but Londolozi far exceeded our expectations. This is truly an amazing place. We stayed at Varty Camp and the rooms were amazing. Plenty of room in both the bedroom and the bathroom was huge. All rooms are very private and all have great views from the deck. We saw all of the Big 5 and some amazing interactions between the animals, such as a Leopard trying to steal a Lion's kill and Lion cubs playing. The public areas are amazing and the meals are fantastic. The entire staff goes above and beyond to make you feel special and the service is unparalled. We have to mention the staff members specifically as they are all very special people to us. Simone and Richard, thank you for everything you did for us to make this a truly amazing experience. All of the extra touches and attention are greatly appreciated. You are the best. And Margaret, thank you you taking such good care of us at all of our meals. You are a dear, sweet person. To Dan, our Ranger, you are not only a great Ranger but a great person. You have a great sense of humor and your knowledge is amazing. We could never thank you enough for all you did for us. And Ahti, our tracker, has the eyes of an eagle. Just an amazing job. And Chris, thank you for the incredible stop on our afternoon safari. We know how much effort went into setting that up and we are so appreciative of you and your entire staff for making this a trip we will never forget. This was to be a once-in-a-lifetme trip for us but have to find a way to return. We feel as though we have left friends and family and we miss you all. And that is what was so extra special about Londolozi - all of the staff makes you feel like you are a part of the Londolozi family. We love you all.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Scott & Cathy

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scott2270
Dear Scott and Cathy,

It is so wonderful to know that you feel part of the family! I will be sure to send your kind words onto Richard, Simone, Margaret and the rest of the Varty camp family.

We look forward to welcoming you to your bush home again soon!

Your Londolozi family
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed 7 nights at Londolozi in August and loved it!! Londolozi is the most amazing place I have ever been to. The staff is excellent, the rooms were warm & cozy, the views amazing, the safari drives incredible!! It was very peaceful, relaxing and exciting!! We saw the big 5 and so much more!! The staff went above and beyond to make our stay perfect! Margaret waited on us everyday and always had a smile and my wine!!! Simone & Richard greeted us everyday and made sure we had everything we needed or wanted. Oxide & Greg, the best Ranger and Tracker ever!! Oxide amazed us everyday with his tracking skills and his knowledge of the Bush. Greg's passion for the animals is so real and he taught us so much about them. He made sure we were able to get the best pictures possible. We loved the coffee stops in the morning and the cocktails in the evening!! Thank you to all the Londolozi staff from housekeeping to managers, you are all awesome!! If you want to go on Safari, this is the place to go!! Can't wait to vacation here again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bev D
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Varty Camp, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Bdun54,

What a wonderful review on Londolozi Varty Camp. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay so very much and were looked after so well! I will be sure to send your kind words onto Trevor, Oxide, Richard, Simon and all of the Varty Camp family.

We look so forward to your next visit.

Much love,
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge
#12 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Res...
#1 of 1 in Inyati Private Game Reserve

Been to Londolozi Varty Camp? Share your experiences!