“Extraordinary”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Londolozi Private Game Reserve
Londolozi Private Granite Suites
Chevy Chase, MD
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I can only add to the well-deserved praise for Londolozi and the Granite Suites. Game-viewing was amazing, thanks to our excellent guide, Lucien, and tracker, James. Over three days, we saw the "big five" in a single day (two game drives), as well as a leopardess nursing her cubs, another tracking a herd of impala (with us following her through the bush), a cheetah chasing several steinbok and killing one, "fishing" by crocodiles and an eagle, hundreds of cape buffalo, and numerous elephants and rhino. Our suite was private, luxurious and spectacularly located over the river. The Granite manager, Nadia, and her staff, were perfect: friendly, welcoming, helpful and enthusiastic. Meals, too, were excellent. Don't change a thing. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hi KenCC,

It is so wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Private Granite Suites. I will be sure to send your thanks onto Nadia, Lucien, James and the rest of the Granite Camp staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Londolozi in the near future!

The Londolozi Family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A five star rating doesn't do this one justice, it is Simply brilliant.

The granite suites are exquisitely designed to take advantage of the beautiful natural surrounds. Whilst very private there is the bonus of being able to use the rest of the Londolozi facililites.

The Londolozi reserve area is large and encompasses a range of different environments. This makes for great variety of wildlife from Big 5 through to great birdlife to the world renowned leopards.

What sets Londolozi apart? Exceptional service. We were very well looked after by Lucien, Nadia and Jabs. In an always cheerful and relaxed manner we were transported from one magic experience to another and there was a real thoughfulness to every interaction with the smallest details and preferences noted and attended to throughout our stay.

Great food, wine and tailored expereinces (not going to give away any spoilers in this review) help creat the memories of a lifetime.

Londolozi is a standout. We stayed at another lodge in Sabi Sabi and thought it couldn't be topped, but Londolozi is on the next level by itself. If staying at other lodges on your trip keep this one for last as a highlight.

Room Tip: There are only 3 suites and all are beautiful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mlear11
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Mlear11,

What a wonderful review on Londolozi's Private Granite Suite. It is always such a pleasure to hear of the great stay that guests have had with us and the relationships that are formed with the staff. I will be sure to send your kind words onto Lucien, Nadia, Jabs and all the staff at Granite Camp.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have stayed 3 nights inside Londolozi Reserve in the Private Granite Suites and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. The location of the 5 lodges is perfect, in front of the Sand River, with a whole lot of animals parading in front of the decks and rooms. But having visited the other lodges, I still prefer the view of the Granite Suites.
The reserve is amazingly beautiful and our ranger Richard was our great host in the bush: he and tracker Lucky provided with 6 game drives, one better than the other: lions, three leopard spottings, some rare cheetahs, not to speak of whole families and elephants and hippos, zebras and giraffes, tons of gnus, impalas, waterbuck...Richard was not only very professional and clearly loves the bush and knows it intimately, but is also a kind man, a very good storyteller and a great company.
Erin was our lovely host at the lodge and did her best to make us feel comfortable. I had my birthday there and she organized lovely surprises, such a boma and a special apperance of the ladies' choir. Really unforgetable.
We wouldn't think twice of returning if we have the opportunity of coming again to South África.
We already miss the camp and all the great experiences we had there.
Emília and Arnaldo

Room Tip: We stayed in Granite Suite n.2, but all of them have great locations and privacy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Emilia,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Londolozi Private Granite Suites. It was an absolute pleasure having you and I will make sure that your kind words get to Richard, Erin, Lucky and all at Granite Camp.

We look so forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to SA.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

All the great moments in life that allow the soul to vibrate always have a synchronicity with the past and call to mind people, good and bad times. Sometimes great moments move one to great emotions and even make you cry. My recent week at Londolozi was a great moment in my life. My soul and spirit vibrated at new levels. Thanks to the people of Londolozi for making it possible. The clear love, commitment and shared values came through in every interaction - both human and mammal. Also so fortunate to have spent time with the nicest guests during my stay. Londolozi exceeded all expectations. An experience of Africa and the creatures and land of South Africa created and shared in the spirit of conservation and restoration. I am changed. Everyone wants to know where I've been as my enthusiasm overflows. I have been profoundly affected by my connection with nature and the earth whilst at Londolozi, thank you to each of you. Inspiration and love fills me and seeds of creativity and possibility were sown. The Granite Suites were impeccable and it all worked with precision and grace without ever seeing any effort, flawless! I travel for business globally and I have never experienced anything like it from start to finish! If you want a deep and enriching bush experience, Londolozi is your choice. I can't wait to share with my loved ones. Can you imagine - on my own and I left with many new friends - an incredible experience! I had multiple massages, including one in a tree over the river! Yoga in the outdoors with a very knowledgeable and caring yoga instructor and bush walks both with our group and one on my own with Jerry and Tom which was truly unforgettable. I experienced the Digital Learning Center where Good Works Foundation is truly providing good works in the community, and celebrated Women's Day with the Londolozi staff village and rejoiced in the joy the women of this village shared. We celebrated two guest birthdays, and a 10 year anniversary and it felt a truly family celebration. And my pictures are stunning!!! Highly, highly recommend!

Room Tip: The granite suites are gorgeous, as are all the camps at Londolozi!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear creatingjoy,

It was an absolute pleasure to have you with us and you didn't only make friends with the other guests but we feel as though you are one of our friends now too! Women's day was a very special day for the Londolozi family and it was a very special time to have you with us!

We look forward to having you with us again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from our latest adventure. This time we spent two weeks visiting South Africa and Zambia and had the pleasure of spending 4 incredible nights in the Sabi Sands Reserve at Londolozi's, exquisite Granite Suites. I should preface by saying that I have traveled extensively and that I work in the hotel industry so obviously, my standards are incredibly high. I realize that this may be a very bold statement, but I am not exaggerating one bit when I say that this is the greatest place on earth. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty, but more importantly, we were treated like members of a greater family. As this is a hotel review, I obviously need to speak of the suite itself, although it was only a small part of why this place is so magical. The suite is enormous and has it's own large plunge pool made of granite (how fitting). It is extremely private, which is wonderful if you are with your significant other. It was always extremely clean and well taken care of as they seemed to do housekeeping services several times a day. While we did not stay in any of the other camps, from what I understand, they are more geared towards families and they too looked phenomenal, especially the Pioneer Camp. Georgia, the Granite Suites manager took wonderful care of us. She understood what we were looking for out of the experience and made sure we realized it by making each day and night unique and special. We were extremely fortunate to have Melvin and Milton as our ranger and tracker respectively the entire time we were there. They are truly incredibly at what they do and we could not have asked for more from them.

Bottom line, if you are even slightly considering visiting Londolozi, just do it - you won't be disappointed. My wife and I will be returning for a second trip very soon!

Thanks to everyone who make this place special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Rorlowe,

What a wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Private Granite Suites so tremendously! We will be sure to give your thanks to Melvin, Milton, Georgia and the rest of the Granite family!

Much love,
Sun Valley, Idaho
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This was our second trip to the Granite Suites, and not the last. The Varty family have created a camp that has everything. We were lucky enough to meet JV (John Varty), and that was quite an experience. You will not be disappointed in any way with a visit to this camp ( hard to call it a "camp" as it is so much more). The suites are like small luxury houses on the river. Hippos, Cape Buffalo, elephant, baboons, mongoose, and birds of all kinds in your back yard. Our guide, Lucien, our host Nadia, and the entire support team were of the highest quality. Nadia arranged a special event for renewing of our vows with a local Sangoma and the girl's choir. This was very special and done with great care. Lucien, well, was a very special person and his guiding skills are fantastic. The camp is very involved with the local community, especially with literacy projects. They are to be commended! Don't miss this experience if your plans include Kruger Park.

Room Tip: Not a bad room, they are all great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hi Bob P,

What a special occasion to visit Londolozi, renewing your vows! We are so glad that it was beyond your expectations. I will be sure to send your kind word onto Nadia, Lucien and the entire Granite team! Thank you for returning and we look forward to another visit in the near future!

The Londolozi Family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We've just completed one week in the Krueger National Park and did the first 5 nights at Londolozi Granite Suites.

I've now done Londolozi 3 times, different camps each time, but without a doubt this was the most memorable, experience and my favourite camp. It was not only the resort itself, the lovely villas, but Nadia the GM, Lucien our Guide and James our Tracker that made each day different, special and something I did not experience in the other resorts we visited for some reason.

We found ourselves never experiencing anything more than once, even the meals we're so full of color, tasteful and specially prepared for us. There are many memories here, from the private walking safari, to the afternoon in a Sabi Sand tree house just the two of us, to the wonderful drives we experienced. While in the past I would dread dinners with other couples and the guides, I looked forward to every meal at Granite Camp.

Now I say this; If you're looking for a big property with lots of interaction, then Granite Suites may not fit your need, as Granite Camp is about quality, service, personal attention and sensory overload with experience - made possible by individuals that truly care about you, quickly become friends and make the most of every moment you stay.

There are only three suites and we enjoyed every moment of getting to know these couples as well as the staff, including the SPA staff the come to your villas and allow you to enjoy by you

We moved to another higher priced camp and while it has a great villas and property, the attention to detail from the staff lacked the same personal touch, although they tried, we had become so spoiled by Londolozi, we've only another choice of returning for a forth time soon!

Room Tip: All 3 villas are remarkable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
londolozigamereserve, General Manager at Londolozi Private Granite Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hi GOfliesglobal,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your return visit to Londolozi! It is so wonderful to have guests returning! I will be sure to send your kind words onto the Granite camp team! We look forward to your fourth stay!

The Londolozi family!
MalaMala Main Camp
MalaMala Main Camp
#1 of 3 in Mala Mala Private Game Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Reserve
Inyati Game Lodge, Sabi Sand Res...
#1 of 1 in Inyati Private Game Reserve
Umkumbe Safari Lodge
Umkumbe Safari Lodge
#1 of 1 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Nkorho Bush Lodge
Nkorho Bush Lodge
#12 of 42 in Sabi Sand Game Reserve

Been to Londolozi Private Granite Suites? Share your experiences!