“Memorial weekend”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Allen, Texas
“Memorial weekend”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Prices are very acceptable even on memorial weekend when everyone has price gouging in this small town. They have done few new remodelling in this small place and we will surely recommand to all vacation tourist to stay with this place

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. Our committment to investing in our property will continue this winter on exterior of the property Thank you once again, and we look serve you in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Janesville
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We had a pleasant stay here last year and have not yet ruled it out for future trips. But for this trip, it just didn't work out. The first room we were given was blocked by the new or old furniture. I'm sure this is a fire code violation. It was also by an exterior door that was very load each time it slammed closed. When I requested another room, the woman stated there were only 4 guests staying. I told her I didn't want to here it slam at all! She offered a king room for a higher price. I requested another queen room away from a slamming door. In the next room, the dead bolt didn't work. The man tried to fix it but was unsuccessful. He offered a refund which we accepted. As we were packing out, the woman offered a free upgrade to a king room. We declined as we had made alternate reservations by phone and had the car loaded. It's nice they are remodeling but maybe should coordinate a little better as to not have guests tripping over and squeezing by furniture to get in and out of the doorway.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thanks for your valuable feedback and time. First let me apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and your spouse. I agree with your that old furniture shouldn't be there in the hallway. But that day it was so much windy to keep the furniture outside slamming someone else's property. We tried our best to accommodate you. However it didn't meet your expectation. We completely agree with you and that is the reason we gave you full refund. This is the least we can do for you. We can not close down the property at the time of remodeling. Hope you understand our situation and will give us one more opportunity to serve you in future. Thank you once again.

Travelers are raving about these Ruidoso hotels

Ruidoso
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The hotel is in need of some work but was a decent value for the cost. Just cleaning up around the entrance could help the appearance significantly. Breakfast was pretty standard, the room & bed were fine & the bathroom was clean. Nice flat screen TV. The heater did not work in my room & so I did not sleep well because I was cold. I should have notified the management but because it was such a nice spring day in Ruidoso, it didn't really get cold until about midnight & I didn't want to get up & go complain at that time of the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Pooja K, Owner at Super 8 Ruidoso, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thanks a bunch for taking time to review our property. I certainly concur with you about the entrance of the property and I strongly believe that we should keep it clean. We are trying our best, However because of the windy weather in Ruidoso, it becomes messy quite frequently. We will strive to enhance the cleanliness of the property. We have recently remodeled our rooms after your stay before the memorial day weekend. Trust you will visit us again to experience it.
Stayed Here In July, Before My Previous Stay Moriarty - Live In Albuquerque
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I live in Albuquerque, NM about 3 hours from Ruidoso, and travel here for work and leisure at least once a year and have for the past 25 years. The hotel is centrally located, the current staff (04/2014) helpful and friendly, and the rate is excellent for a resort and tourist town in the mountains. In fact, I have found all Super 8 hotels in New Mexico worth a stay, and I spent 20 years covering the state on business. Not "suites type" hotels, just hotels "worth a stay." BB/CDN

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business