We stayed in Ruidoso for 4 nights Dec. 26- Dec 30th. We needed a pet-friendly hotel. After checking the rates at all the pet-friendly places, and realizing that even with our government, AARP, and AAA discounts, all the rooms were over $110, plus pet fees (rates go up over the holidays), and since all the reviews we read for every pet-friendly hotel were terrible, I decided to take a chance on the Swiss Chalet. It was by far the cheapest and the pics looked the best. I was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. I don't know why the other people had bad experiences. Maybe it was their attitude or expectations. I found the front desk staff to be very friendly. We stayed in one of the family rooms they offered and it was great. The carpet was typical motel room carpeting, in good shape, although it had a few stains on it, but I've stayed at many Quality Inn and Comfort Inns that had poor quality carpeting as well. The room was vacuumed every day for us, no litter or dust bunnies anywhere. The bathroom needed updating, but it was clean. It was, I think, one of the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in. Hats off to the housekeeping crew. The mattresses were old, but very comfortable. Slept great every night. The grounds and parking lot were also clean and free of papers and other debris. (I wish people would pick up after their dogs though.They ruin it for the rest of us pet owners). My only complaint was the ceiling wasn't insulated very good and we could hear the people upstairs walking around, but once again, I've experienced that in other motels as well. By 10:30 every night, all was always quiet. Our room did not have a fridge or micro either, but not every chain motel I've ever stayed in has them. I don't know why people expect that. That's what coolers are for. We have family that just moved to Ruidsos so we will be going there at least 3 times a year and I will definately be staying at the Swiss Chalet. Oh, and the front desk staff told me they are remodeing the rooms, but it will take awhile to get to them all completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking to take a vacation where you can enjoy yourself in the great outdoors? Or are you seeking a great hotel for business travel? In either case, you need to check out the Swiss Chalet Inn in Ruidoso, NM.Whether you’re looking to escape into the wilderness or conduct essential business, the Swiss Chalet Inn offers the best of both worlds. Their comfortable, spacious rooms will provide plenty of space for work, play, and of course, rest. The hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays, so you’ll have plenty of energy before you hit the trails during a weekend getaway. And the stunning views of the Sierra Blanca Peak will sooth your soul whether you’re looking to conquer it or just admire it from afar. Once you come to stay, you may never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Swiss Chalet Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Chalet Inn Ruidoso Hotel Ruidoso
- Swiss Chalet Hotel Ruidoso
- Swiss Chalet Ruidoso