My family and I spend the New Year's weekend at the Swiss Chalet and looking at the website; the hotel looked fairly decent especially since we have our dog. finding hotels in Ruidoso that are pet friendly is difficult so the Swiss Chalet and their $25 fee was reasonable, rooms are $90 a night by the way. They do not offer government rates so that was a red flag for me. when we arrived at the hotel, we first saw that the condition of the outer structure was in need of repair. The lobby are was just disgusting, the carpets were trashed and smelled of mildew. Our room, there was not one aspect that I though was appealing, the carpets were disgusting the pillows were stained, the toilet tub and sink were a mess. The balcony door was broken and was being held shut by the security chain which is a safety hazard. There are no phones in the rooms either. the only time I have stayed in a worse living condition was when I was deployed to Iraq. The ice machines dont work anywhere in the hotel and you have to go to the lobby to retrieve a bag of ice, there are no microwaves in the room either. The hotel staff was rude and in the middle of me asking them a question, the young woman working the front desk told me she had to take a call from her cell phone, it was her boyfriend and she proceeded to have a random converstation instead of taking care of a paying guest. We didnt even bother to try the Bar and Grill as we didnt want to take a chance of eating their possible substandard food if the rest of the establishment was any refelction. All in all, I would never stay here again regardless of vacancy in all of Ruidoso. I can look past the outdated 1970s look of the hotel, but I cannot look past the sheer disregard and lack of pride that the hotel owners take in their establishment. Steer clear from the Swiss Chalet in Ruidoso, dont take the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you looking to take a vacation where you can enjoy yourself in the great outdoors? Or are you seeking a great hotel for business travel? In either case, you need to check out the Swiss Chalet Inn in Ruidoso, NM.Whether you’re looking to escape into the wilderness or conduct essential business, the Swiss Chalet Inn offers the best of both worlds. Their comfortable, spacious rooms will provide plenty of space for work, play, and of course, rest. The hotel offers a complimentary continental breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays, so you’ll have plenty of energy before you hit the trails during a weekend getaway. And the stunning views of the Sierra Blanca Peak will sooth your soul whether you’re looking to conquer it or just admire it from afar. Once you come to stay, you may never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Swiss Chalet Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Chalet Inn Ruidoso Hotel Ruidoso
- Swiss Chalet Hotel Ruidoso
- Swiss Chalet Ruidoso