Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Village Lodge(Ruidoso)
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancenice hotelhot breakfastroom was cleanfront desk staffthe main streetrestaurants and shoppingi highly recommend this hoteltop floorthe hotel staffvery pleasant stayfridge and microwaveindoor poolin towngreat place to staybiscuits and gravystay there again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Very clean comfortable just overpriced. Never replaced shampoo after first night. Fridge idled like a Diesel engine.

The bed was very comfortable. Location good. Staff very friendly but really smoking in front.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank EoNominee
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. Our prices flutuate with other hotels in town during some weekends. THe housekeeping staff is supposed to replenish the amenities if they are empty. We will have our head housekeeper resolve this issue with our housekeeping staff. Our fridges are in the middle of a replacing cycle and we are continuously installing new units as old units go out. We apolgize for the inconvinience this may have caused you. Thank you for the feedback and giving us the oppurtunity to improve our service. Thank You.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I found this hotel to be very enjoyable...for the most part. I liked the location, the staff, and the environment. The only problem I had was the stinking WALL MOUNT. I think it was a waste of money (on the owner's part) honestly.
(I prefer to hook up my laptop to the TV's and this one was a pain).
I also prefer default remotes for TV's...I don't remember if this one had the default remote or not.

Plus it (the wall mount) made it very difficult to even watch TV from either bed. It was not an adjustable wall mount so it was very stationary.

Also, the refrigerator was also making a very weird noise that when I hit it...it would go away for a couple hours.

Breakfast was very good.

Again, I am only nit picking but those two things made it a killer for me...but I do consider Hotel Ruidoso the benchmark in Ruidoso. This is the standard you don't want to drop when you are in this town. (Bottom end: Quality Inn)

Room Tip: Your choice honestly,
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank captfox25

Thank you for your feedback. Our TV mounts are adjustable but they have to be adjusted from the back. We will be replacing our TV mounts on our next remodel schedule. We also have been continously replace our referigerators to new models. We apologize for the inconvenince this may have caused. Our goal is to make each guest experience as best as possible. We will work to improve our hotel based on your suggestions. Thank You.

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

In our room arriving there was a pillow with a blood stain so did not use it just put on floor but when mentioning the pillow to house keeping they gave me a rude look when I asked for a different pillow an the toilet on the bottom looked as though someone missed aim an there were hairs! Just gross will not stay here again an oh husband said their breakfast is to be desired

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Disappointedinamaril
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it gives us opportunity for improvement. I do apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced during your stay. As the General Manager once I heard about your issue with the pillow I personally went to your room and retrieved the pillow myself. Unfortunately you and your family had already left the hotel for the day and I was unable to speak with you. This service experience is not typical for our team. Our goal is make each guest exeprience as great as possible. I have met with my Housekeeping team to go over this review. Each of our guest room is insepcted on a daily basis by the head house keeper or the GM of the hotel. The inspection on this day missed a couple of items and we aplogize for that. I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay in Ruidoso.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have to say that after two long days of driving getting here to a smile and an upbeat personality for the checkin clerk made my day. He was super friendly and very kind and had patience with us crabby travelers. Every clerk after him was just as kind and friendly. Beds were comfy, breakfast was nice, indoor pool great for the kids and location was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We will share your review with our entire front desk staff. Our staff is dedicated to ensure every guest has the best hotel experience possible. We hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Overall, we were very impressed with the Hotel Ruidoso. The front staff was very nice and got items like extra towels, pillows, etc as needed. The breakfast was ok. It was free and readily stocked so we ate there. Caution the sleeper is very narrow so it would be best if ONE person slept on it. Otherwise we were very happy!!!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ClaimsMachine
Paaru, General Manager at Hotel Ruidoso - Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We will share this reveiw with our entire staff. The sofas in the rooms are full size sofas. That is what the layout of the room will allow in the rooms. We hope to see you soon in the future. Thank you.