“One option in Ruidoso”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had the chicken-fried steak and salad bar. Salad bar was nice, but no blue-cheese dressing! Batter on the steak was crispy, which I like, but perhaps a bit heavy -- more batter than steak in some places. Overall, value for this meal is average, no more as there are various a la carte charges for sides to the main meal.

2  Thank GreywolfAbilene

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The steaks were delicious, very reasonably priced, and the service was great. The restaurant could be given a little facelift; but it certainly did not detract from thrquality ofthe food or service.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Seating and service was quick. Staff were very nice and made us feel welcomed. Menu had a wide variety to choose from and the prices were very reasonable. Food was great and a good value. We have eaten here many times over the years and have never had a bad experience. I would recommend K Bob's to everyone!!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I ate here the first week of August, 2013. My new wife and I made the mistake of stopping here without checking trip advisor. Although KBobs is appealing from the outside, this is a very poorly managed restaurant. We waited 20 minutes. Then another patron checked more closely. There were 14 unused tables but 10 or 12 people waiting in line. Finally we were seated. We were surrounded by used tables full of dirty plates. No one was cleaning the tables. (After a half hour, someone cleaned those tables.) I ordered ribs, which were actually pretty good, which is the only reason I didn't give a 1 star rating. Oh yes, we saw a live roach crawl to our table. One other reason I didn't rate it a 1 star. The waitress was very attentive, helpful, and friendly. She even washed our table with cleanser when we asked her to. I think you get the idea. As for Ruidoso, it's a wonderful place to visit, especially in the summer. Temperatures are about 20 degrees cooler here than in the surrounding hundreds of miles. Make sure to visit White Sands National Monument. I also recommend the view from The National Solar Observatory at Sunspot, NM near Cloudcroft, NM. If you are willing to make a longer side trip, go to Carlsbad Caverns. It's very cool inside the caverns, but hot all around in the summer. If you visit White sands, mostly stay in your car to avoid the heat, but you really should climb at least one dune barefoot. All of this will keep your mind off of KBobs. Try Caliente Café or Cattleman's steakhouse. Enjoy.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Read the reviews here which seemed to be pretty much love it or hate it and decided to try it anyway. Simply put, it met my expectations. The place isn't fancy, neither is the food, neither are the prices. Several people said the steaks were too chewy. Mine was too but it was my fault. I ordered my steak cooked medium. My wife ordered hers medium rare. Both had good flavor but hers was perfect. This wasn't the melt in your mouth perfection that one might expect in an establishment with white tablecloths and triple the prices but it was very good food at very reasonable prices. If you want a decent steak without spending $100.00 a pop, this place serves a pretty good meal. Certainly better than Sizzlers for about the same $.

Been to K-BOB'S Steakhouse? Share your experiences!