“Amazing except did not tighten the saddle on my horse with my two year old”
Review of Bonito Stables

Bonito Stables
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing except did not tighten the saddle on my horse with my two year old”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

It was great. Except for almost falling off the horse holding my baby. The boy was very curious and helpful, he was not the one who prepared my horse but he made sure we were safe and tightened down after we realized what was going wrong. Overall great experience and will return. My husband and I took along our 17 month old and 37month old.

1 Thank amandainwonderland

Magnolia, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Do not be afraid .... where they take you was not torched in the fires”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We started worrying driving down the 7 mile road (take a truck if you have one) that all we would be looking at was scorched trees. Some how the little area where the stables are was missed by the fires. The trail was beautiful. We were the first ones there and were lucky to go out just by ourselves (husband and 12 yr old daughter) Very peaceful! The owners dog Toby runs a head and might stop and bark up at some critter hiding in the tree's. The only except cash so make sure you have enough on hand! It was $75 for the 3 of us, plus tip. When we left we had to go wash my white truck, which ended up black on the bottom.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Jody B
Bartlesville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Experience.... NOT gone in fire!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I visited the stables on our honeymoon. We have both had experience with horses, but we never feel comfortable taking someone else's horses on a trail alone. We went with a guide, and she took us on a two hour ride that met our experience level. The scenery was beautiful! We even heard elk in the distance. We could not have asked for a better trail ride! We will definitely visit again. Also, to correct the post below, the stables were not burnt in the fire and personnel are currently working on the road, just call them at (575) 354-2778 before arriving.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank Mcraig021
Herndon, Virginia, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Was a great place.... gone in fire”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I rode there several times. Great place; beautiful views; nice people, never had a problem there. After the recent fire (summer, 2012) the place is gone. We just returned from Ruidoso and the main road leading past Bonita Lake (which is also gone) is closed due to ongoing issues (when it rains the sludge from the fire washes out the road). We were told by several people that the stables burned although with the road closed you can't get there anyway.

Visited August 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Relaxing ride out in the forest!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We are a couple new to horseback riding, and the owners were kind and chose perfect horses for both of us. The horses were gentle and easy to handle. The ride was lovely - we rode for an hour in a lovely remote part of Lincoln National Forest. It was relaxing and allowed you to feel calm and a part of nature. Would recommend to anyone.

4 Thank AltaM2924