“Evergreen Cabin”
Review of Noisy Water Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ruidoso
Noisy Water Lodge
Ranked #24 of 42 Specialty Lodging in Ruidoso
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The view here at this upper canyon cabin was looking into other cabins in every direction, of course you were their view too...Was not worth the price. The bed is hard the kitcken tiny the frying pan useless the grill rusted..Had shared hot tub at end of cabin that none would get in main reason for everyone to see...We paid 2 nights stayed one ..very disappointed but my fault for going on a spur of moment trip..Next time i will stay with Hummingbird cabins..Rented a 3br last yr from then and it was very nice private home for just a few $ more...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bindyt
noisywaterlodge, Owner at Noisy Water Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2012

I'm sorry that Mrs. T. did not enjoy her stay in Evergreen, but in all fairness if what she was looking for was a secluded, 3 bedroom cabin with a large kitchen, she should have requested that. We have those. The request I received was for a cabin for two with a king size bed. At the very least, she could have come to the office after seeing the cabin and tell us that the cabin was not what she had in mind. Instead she assumed that we would not work with her. There is nothing more discouraging to Lodge owners to read a negative review on Trip Advisor when we know the guest made no attempt to rectify the situation when they were here. You may run into owners/managers who are not interested in your complaints and will not or can not make changes but I can guarantee if you do not try, you will not be satisfied.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

In talking with the owners (who were delightful), Noisywater was built in 1939 and originally had a dance hall and restaurant, and partygoers would eat and dance, then stay the night. Noisywater keeps both its rustic charm and sure enough, the stream is audible anywhere on the property. I stayed 3 nights, and every day I saw a huge mule deer buck in velvet, accompanied by several bucks and does. I saw a lot of birds too, and wished I'd remembered my bird book. Took a trip to Lincoln and soaked in the history of the Lincoln County war, Billy the Kid, Pat Garret, etc. I was taken with the beauty of this corner of NM, and surprised by the high mountains this far south. BTW, Mr. Duncan is very knowledgeable about local history, esp. the Lincoln County war. I'll be back to Noisy Water.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank waykee7
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and were taken aback by how much larger and nicer it was than the pictures made it seem on the website! This place is gorgeous! It has a huge, spacious patio, a propane bbq pit, greatly stocked kitchen(lots of pots and pans, muffin and bread pans, skillets, two coffee makers, dishwasher), bathroom amenities (i.e LOTS of towels, tp, soap) and a nice jacuzzi style tub upstairs. The view is amazing, and there were plenty of birds and deer that hung out around the place. It's tucked away in the upper canyon, and just across the way of the Rio Ruidoso. There was hi-speed internet (No Wi-fi), a nice HD flat screen tv, a cute fireplace, lots of fans available (no AC, but, who needs that in Ruidoso?!) The beds are comfy, the pillows quite firm.. the living area was nice and open, big huge windows overlooking your huge porch area.. this place was such a treat! The woman at the front office was very nice and helpful too. We had such a great time and I would recommend this place to any vacationing couple, small to med. size family or group of friends.. STAY AT THE BEARADISE CHALET, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!!

Room Tip: Bearadise Chalet is the cabin to get!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Sky Cabin is in the upper canyon of Ruidoso, NM. It is a one bedroom, bath and 1/2. The bedroom is upstairs. It has two decks, one a wrap-around on the bottom floor, the other out from the upstairs bedroom. Nice hot tub. It has a small shower. Space heaters and fans only, no ac, so don't book if you can't live without it. I have found it not to be a problem most of the time, my husband and I have been there in October, June, May, and we are going in a couple of weeks, so I will update. Nice kitchen with a microwave, normal fridge, coffee maker, utensils, dishes, etc. Very quiet, nice TV downstairs, most of the time no cell reception and internet is spotty. BUT, if you want to be out of the way, and love the deer and the occasional bear, this is a great place. The hummingbirds are plentiful in warm weather.
Glenda is always very nice and remembers us. I love it here, and choose it when I want quiet times. There are neighbors that have grandkids and dogs but usually it isn't an issue.
Noisy Waters has other cabins, some with ac.

Room Tip: Lots of windows, no blinds, so watch when you are dressing!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gwen2k
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed in Cabin Fever for 4 nights. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath rental and is sooooo cute. Accepts pets, has a hot tub and a full kitchen ready for cooking. The master bathroom has a HUGE bathtub perfect for two. It has a back and front porch. We watched the bear out front one evening. It was so lovely.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in Cabin Fever and Sky Cabin so I highly recommend those two rentals.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We decided to stay at Noisy Water Lodge (Canyon Retreat) after looking around for a nice cabin online for quite a while. When I called in to make the reservation, the man was very nice and answered all the questions I had. Upon arriving, both Mr. and Mrs. Duncan were very nice to us and made us feel very welcome. We really didn't have to contact them much during the week, as we didn't have any problems with the cabin. It was clean and very comfortable. We felt as if we were in our very own home away from home. I would like to mention that this is a two story cabin, with a beautiful stairway, but it can be a bit tiring, hahaha, although my 65 year old mother did just fine....other than that, this place was wonderful! If what you are looking for is a place out in the pines with wildlife and beautiful scenery, this is the place!!!! This place even had games and movies and well, we just didn't want to leave. Thanks Noisy Water....once again....I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The owners where so nice. Kept us up to date with the fire. Cabins where clean and fully stocked with everything we needed. It was peaceful we could hear the river from our deck.

• Stayed: June 2012