“Favorite!! We will be staying here again!! (Try the Sauna!!!)”

Sitzmark Chalet Inn
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Favorite!! We will be staying here again!! (Try the Sauna!!!)”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This hotel is so cute that I can not even describe it. It is an older building, but it is so well kept and has so much character that it is far superior to new hotels I have stayed in.

SAUNA --They have a sauna. My husband and I went and tried it out. It is a barrel shaped sauna made of cedar wood. It smells fantastic and feels so relaxing. I thought it was way better than any hot tub!! We were apprehensive about trying the sauna, but we just swim-suited up, turned it on so it could heat up and went in. You pour water over the heater with rocks in the back and it steams and feels wonderful.

ROOM -- The room was super cute. It is a small room, but when your on vacation, you don't need to carry a ton of stuff with you. I DO NOT pack light, and I was still able to fit everything in the room with no problems. Plus they provide you with a microwave, coffee maker, and fridge in every room!!

NOISE LEVEL-- This hotel is on one of the main roads in Ruidoso, and yet in the room it is so peaceful. We stayed multiple nights and when there was noise in the hotel, it was because of a very disrespectful group who made a ton of noise at 1:00a.m. Otherwise, you can hear the traffic when in the little yard they have out front, but it is not bothersome.

BATHROOM -- So clean. I am really grossed out by bathrooms, but this one did not bother me at all.

EXTRAS -- They provide home made muffins every morning. There is no smoking allowed (which is great!). There are notices in the room that you have to be quiet between the hours of 9:00pm and 8:00am to respect others at the hotel. I think this is a great policy! They have free WiFi and cable!!

OVERALL -- My husband and I plan on making this a regular vacation spot. The owners are very lovely and accommodating. The prices are more than reasonable. It feels homey. Visit this hotel and definitely use the sauna!! (PS, they do not have a pool, but the sauna is so much better!)

Room Tip: We were in room 11 and it was fantastic! The air conditioner had a little mildewy smell, but I thin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kangarookoll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Anthony, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family and I have been coming to Ruidoso for over 6 years. This trip was just my wife and I, we decided to look at hotels/motels instead of cabins, and after reading reviews we picked the Sitzmark. What a great pick!

Where should I start when talking about how satisfied we were? The room was a little dated, but I think it kind of fit the uniqueness of the place. It was also reasonably priced. By that I mean that it was a lower price than most of the larger chain hotels.
Extremely clean. No bugs, dirt, etc., that you sometimes find in Ruidoso. The bathroom shower and toilet area was extremely clean. The toilet was a quiet flushing type and the door into the bathroom was quiet as well. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is nice that when one of us got up in the middle of the night we didn't wake each other up.
The king size bed in Room 17 was the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in, ever. Not only the mattress, but the pillows, sheets, etc.
The room was also quiet, which means we could not hear outside noise. It also came with a 32? inch flat screen TV with DirecTV (HBO channels included).
I would highly recommend this hotel/chalet, and we look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Room 17 is a great room for a couple.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Shawn W
Midland, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was my second stay at the Sitzmark - both times as a result of evacuations (flood, fire). The owners allowed me to bring my cat & bird and gave me a great room rate. This is a well-maintained hotel that retains its original charm. The beds & pillows are quite comfortable and the rooms are super quiet. Everything you need is provided and it's very clean. The location is great, also. This is the best value in Ruidoso!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank shaka21
Decatur, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was our second time to visit. My sister and I enjoyed our stay here so much the first time, we came back again. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are spotless and they even smell great as well. The price was very affordable. No complaints at all about this excellent little motel. If you head down the street for coffee, I recommend Sacred Grounds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ATexasNative
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sitzmark was an excellent choice for our 3-day trip to Ruidoso. It was well-maintained and clean (our room smelled great!) and the bed was very comfortable. I was concerned when we first arrived about street noise, since our room was close to the main drag, but the insulation (along with the a/c fan) took this issue away and we got a great night's sleep. The owner was friendly and helpful. We skipped the cold muffin for breakfast and headed down the street to Starbuck's.

The Ruidoso area, incidentally, has some of the very best mountain hiking we have ever done -- the White Mountain Wilderness is spectacular and the Forest Service maintains excellent trails (and the office in town has great maps). This area is an undiscovered jewel. We will be back, and we will certainly return to the Sitzmark.

Room Tip: The 2nd floor King with fireplace on the end is large and light-filled, with 3 large windows
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dhuds
Gol Gol, Australia
Reviewed May 10, 2012

this is a lovely quirky motel close to the centre of Ruidoso. comfortable beds, nice and clean and friendly owners. will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Susan888888
cincinnati
Reviewed May 1, 2012

this was a very nice hotel and yes it looked like a chalet,the rooms were very cozy and very clean and first class service,nice location,and the room price was very good for a sky resort town,we only stayed one nite but it was very nice.

Room Tip: this hotel would make anyone feel at home.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple