Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was our second time staying here. Both times management and staff went out of their way to make us welcome. The room was large, and very nice. Such a nice change of pace from the disaster that is comfort inn in mid canyon. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone. Great location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
mbzfanatic, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear WilliamB,

Thank you for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. We continually strive to give our guests the best experience possible. Such positive feedback from our customers lets us know that we are doing something right.

I hope you will continue to stay with us in the future.

Drew
GM

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I am not a complainer when it comes to hotels because I work in one and I understand what a review can do to a business. With that said I am making a point to never recommend this place to anyone. Management was terrible, he cursed at me and talked to me in no way any guest should be treated. The room smelled like sewage and there were holes in the walls (lots of pictures to prove). The parking lot was empty during a bike rally and softball tournaments and I completely understand why. Manager/owner would not give me his name and said he did not need my money that I could go across the street to another hotel. This is what I should have done but I was way too tired to pack up everything and move again. I seriously wish I could give a 0 rating. Stay at the other quality inn because this management team is the worst by far (family owned from how I was treated). I don't understand how they even pass inspection with the problems this place has. DO NOT STAY HERE....

Room Tip: Do not stay here for your own good.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank RatherNot2014
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have a list.
- Staff didn't care. (I am a member of other hotel company reward memberships and they would call to check how I was doing...this one didn't)
- TV would automatically shut off due to crappy remotes that would go through the walls
- The walls are so thin you can hear the TV's through the wall
- The acoustics in the hallways are terrible to where you can hear everything
- Microwave is archaic...meaning it had a turn dial
- The AC/Heater unit was plastered through the wall
- The shower head looks like it hasn't been replaced or cleaned in ages. (Has calcium residue all over it)
- Cracks and plaster in the shower wall (can be potentially dangerous when walking if chipped)
- Very small pool
- Very very small pillows (4 pillows and they were the 1/4 of the size of a real pillow)
- The bed is in the wrong part of the room. Late at night with the light off I can see the highlight of the door if I turn my head.
- Scratches in the bathroom mirror
- The curtains didn't close all the way. (I tried to close them the best I can considering.)
- Out of fear of not a fully cleaned room I drove down to Walgreens and bought a can of Lysol and disinfected EVERYTHING in the room.

All in all, this is the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in my adult life. I am up at 4:48 am due to multiple distractions in this hotel and I am supposed to stay in this hotel for another 3 days. No way. I am checking out at 6 am and finding a better hotel.

Don't stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank captfox25
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Would rather sleep under a bridge than stay at this hotel ever again. Staff were rude, questioned my children about matters that should have been addressed by me. Once confronted the owners who are a husband and wife threatened to call the cops on me. I told them to go ahead because I am sure the cops would have understood how wrong they were. The rooms were horrible. Cigarette stains everywhere, no elevator, breakfast runs out and they do not replenish even though the time should be until 9:00 am, and just overall disgusting rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure you stay at another hotel and if you look on the internet there are two Quality Inns. One...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sebra G
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I will never stay at another quality Inn again. Regular prices per room were between $60-$75 per room per night, they charged us $279.00 for a double queen room, $24.06 state tax,$13.95 occupancy tax for a total of 317.01 for just one night!!! Price gouging should be illegal! The manager told us we were getting the last two rooms and that is why we had to pay so much but the clerk standing next to him offered another room to two other people at a discounted price. when I asked why he was lying to us he didn't have anything to say, if I hadn't had my kids with me and enjoying some family time then I would have left and not paid their prices. This hotel has no stairs, says heated pool but was cold, blood was on my tolet, everything was very outdated, just an overall horrible experience! I would not recommend anyone to stay at this place!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank casey b
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked a room at this hotel on accident, thinking it was another one we had stayed at previously. What a mistake. We were pretty much harassed by the front desk the whole time. We were accused of smoking in a non-smoking room, which was a smoking room 6 months prior to us staying..they charged 340.00 worth of charges to my room after I left even though they apologized before we left. When I called to speak to the hotel manager, the front desk representative named APRIL hung the phone up on me twice so then I had to call customer service hotline to lodge a complaint against this hotel because I wasn't allowed by APRIL to speak to the hotel manager. I can't even believe I am having to deal with this girl. So now I wait to see whether I will be Allowed to speak to the manager of the hotel. Besides all of that mess, the carpet in one of the rooms we booked, had a puke smell coming off the carpet in front of the blower to the air conditioner. The room had cigarette burns on the countertops and bathtub. The beds were uncomfortable, very stiff..Very outdated hotel. We paid $317.00 per room to stay here. For that price I would expect a much nicer place to stay in and for the staff to be polite. I can totally see why this hotel has the stars it has. NEVER AGAIN. PRICE GOUGING HOTEL..CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARDS PEOPLE AFTER YOU STAY HERE.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Candace T
Reviewed July 25, 2013

no issues getting on WIFI, most other places I've stayed at had problems getting on WIFI. Breakfast room has plenty to offer for everyone. The room wasn't bad either. The service all around staying there was really good.

Room Tip: I would book this place again the next time we decide to stay in Ruidoso,NM
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruidoso
Best Western Plus Ruidoso Inn
#7 of 23 in Ruidoso
MCM Elegante Lodge & Resort
Shadow Mountain Lodge and Cabins
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ruidoso Downs

Been to Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70? Share your experiences!