“$112.00 for What?”

Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Ruidoso
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I got to the Hotel and the clerk was nice she even looked up a couple of taxi numbers for me although she did give some bad info about breakfast.
Then I got to my room in which I found the following; The lights in the bedroom didn’t work, an electrical outlet that didn’t cover the wiring(hazard to children), sink in the bathroom dirty, towel rack broken and propped up, curtains tattered, couch cushion torn, glass tabletop chipped it had two large chips in(hazard to children), and the coffee pot didn’t work the next morning it leaked all over the place.
I was told at check-in that breakfast was from 7:00am until 10:00am. Being the procrastinator that I am and while waiting on my coffee in my room(that went everywhere)I waited until 9:20am to go down stairs at which time I read the sign Breakfast 6:00am until 9:00am(Freaking Great). I spotted some coffee near the front desk as I’m getting my coffee I mentioned that upon check-in that I was told breakfast was 7:00am until 10:00am to which the clerk replied curtly “I DIDN’T TELL YOU THAT”, trying to remain calm I said no you didn’t check me in… Suit 254

Do Not Stay in this over priced No Tell Motel

I have pictures but I don't have the cable to down load them from my phone.

Room Tip: None here.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank 19Aaron69

Reviewed January 16, 2012

1/14/2012. We come to ruidoso at least once a month and thought we would try the quality inn I have stayed at many quality inns and this is by far the worse experience. Let me say that the front desk clerk was polite and courteous everything else was below standard. Upon arriving we found the pool was out of order. Our kids like to swim and the pool is a necessity I asked the manager if we could cancel our reservation without being charged and she said she could do it but wouldn't. I was shocked. If she could do it why wouldn't she;just to make $75. I don't get it. Anyway we stayed Nothing to do within walking distance. Room was dirty,and smelled of cheap air deodorizer and a little like wet dog. They have breakfast ,not too bad. My wife and daughter went to eat and asked her to bring back a plate for me and my 4yr old. Mgr stopped her and said no food can leave the eating area. So I went down and passed 2 different people carrying food out ,one was filling a small cooler with fruit and yogurt. I maintained my anger s, filled two plates and walked back to the room. Passed the mgr on the way and she didn't say a word. If you stay bring wii, iPads and toys to keep you and kids occupied. Needless to say, we abruptly checked out and checked into our favorite. Hotel ruidoso for $5 more a night. It is clean, well maintained and within waLking distance to eats,drinks, and park plus pool is just the right size

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bill S
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were in this room less than ten hours! We checked in without going to our room, and then left to go and gamble. We did not return to the motel until ten o'clock that night. We showered, went to bed, got up at eight the next morning, and left. A week later, I see the regular room charge, and then an extra forty five dollar charge on my credit card. I called them to see what was up with that, and no one could seem to figure out why I was charged the seperate charge. FINALLY, someone called me back and told me that I was being charged the extra forty five dollar fee because I marked on the sheets with an ink pen!! REALLY?? I had nothing better to do but sit around and color the sheets in a motel room? I DON'T THINK SO! That's the craziest thing that I have ever heard of! The manager that I spoke to said that the owners were going to call me about it since I obviously disputed the charge, but that has been over three weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on the phone call. The motel stinks, they have bogus fees, and the rooms are not cleaned well. If you are planning on staying in Ruidoso, book early so that you don't have to stay in this piece of crap, rip off motel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Laurie J
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I am a self-retired Flight Attendant and have stayed at many hotels in my lifetime. I couldn't get a room at any of the most recommended places on Tripadvisor so I had to settle for here. Please note that there is NO elevator. I had to lug suitcases, 2 toddlers, and a portable crib up and down flights of stairs so if you don't/can't do stairs, you should ask for a room on the first floor.
The hotel is tired but the room was clean. I wouldn't come back to this hotel, would definitely try some other places before coming back.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you don't want to do stairs, ask for a room on the first floor or don't st...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank deltastew
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Great hotel. The breakfast is very good: sausage, eggs, cereal, danish., yogurt...The pool was nice and clean and stocked with towels. The workout room had lots of great current equipment. The beds were VERY comfortable. We will be coming back!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ClaimsMachine
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Front desk upon check-in was friendly. Once we got into the room we discovered mystery stains on the sheets which appeared to be blood (see added photo). We called the front desk and asked to be swithched rooms. We did receive another room right away (room 138). The appearance of the room is fair and included a refridgerator, microwave, iron, and coffee maker. The bed and pillows are comfortable. This would have been an ideal stay IF it had NOT been for one problem. We spent little time in the room as we spent a great part of the evening shopping, dining, and attending a concert. Once we got back to the room there was a faint scent of sewage. Being so late night we decided we would try to get some sleep and head out early. By about 2 am that faint scent had grown and was no longer bearable. We began to feel nausea from the toxic air around us. Upon checking out around 3:30 am we were told the property was having plumbing problems and were actually having problems with a room right in our area. My question is why would they subject their patrons to this knowing there is a sewage problem? At first we were given a hard time about getting a refund since we had booked our room with a wesite different from the actual hotel website. Upon speaking with that hotel website, they contacted Quality Inn where both did the right thing and refunded our money! Other than that problem the place is in fair to good shape. Based on this stay for only that reason I would NOT recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 1TruReview
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed at Executive Inn and Suites for 3 nights while touring Ruidoso and the surrounding area. When we checked in no one was at the front desk. We stood there for about ten minutes waiting. Finally the desk clerk arrived at the front desk. He wasn't in any hurry. It took another 10 minutes just to check in. We were starting to have bad feeling about the hotel at that point. The moment we opened the door to our room our thoughts changed comepletely. The room was very nice and very clean. The bed was comfortable and all the apliances worked. We also swam in in the indoor pool which was clean and the water was a good temperature. Breakfast started serving at 6:00. When we came down the door to the breakfast room was locked. We had to search for someone to open it. Finally the unfriendly man at the desk came out of his room. He looked like he just got out of bed. He got breakfast ready but didn't speak to us. When he was done we told him thank you but he just walked away. Other than the guy at the desk our stay was enjoyed and I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Ruidoso Downs.

1  Thank Pooterbutt