“Getting Better” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Landlocked Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Landlocked Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Louisville, Kentucky
“Getting Better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Moved from original location and is improving but not yet what it was. Bar area is small but the craft beer selection is improving (4 when I visited). It is located in a former home residence so it is difficult to enjoy the music from the bar area when it is playing in the restaurant. In good weather, they sometimes move the band outside where there is more open space. Hopefully they will place them in better locations for the entire crowd to enjoy.. Food is good and service is average. Try the fish tacos.

Visited February 2013

Alamogordo, New Mexico
“My favorite restaurant since stationed in New Mexico for 4 years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I ate in their new location today! Its now only a block or two from the original spot. Love it! The atmosphere is almost like a music studio/hangout spot, but made into a restaurant, with a side of welcome home to it. PAD THAI was delicious OMG I was so full but continued to eat the last bit because it was that good. I had it with shrimp, you have 2 other choices beef or vegetables. I asked for extra lemons squeezed on it and sriracha sauce!!! <3 I LOVE YOU LANDLOCKED. I wish there was one wherever I retire :D You need to get sweatshirts so I can wear one around the world ;) cutest bar too!!

• Visited February 2013
Boerne, Texas
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Since we opted out on skiing the last 2 day of our 4 day ski trip due to the terrible conditions, we went sightseeing. Most everything was closed--museums in town and half the shops. Drove to Lincoln, but nothing open for lunch so drove back to Ruidoso. Wednesday Landlocked serves fish and chips as their special. Friendly wait staff -- relocated Texans as it seems a great deal of the population and visitors are. It was one of the high points of the worst ski trip we have had in 31 years of skiing

Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Almost Good and Really Oily”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

It is said that you go to a restaurant for the food and come back for the service. This place has neither.

We asked someone who ran a coffee shop (now closed) where to find good food. She said the only place she ever went out to eat was Landlocked. I had already looked at the menu once on the internet and wasn't impressed, but figured it was worth a try.

Our greeter/server was very friendly and enthusiastic, and the place has an interesting decorating style. There were Asian paintings and sculptures on the walls along with what looked like a tribal mask, and a New Orleans style oil painting of Jimi Hendrix. Eclectic?

We ordered the Onion Petal appetizer to start and were encouraged by our first bites. It was crispy, not too oily, and seasoned well, though the batter flaked off a little too easily. The chipotle ranch aioli was nice too. But they should probably peel the onion before they cut it up and fry it. Every single piece my husband ate he ended up chewing and spitting out a huge chunk of onion skin. And I'm not talking the greenish inner layer. This is the full-on outside brown layer that was not removed. Seriously. When our server came over, we said the app would have been perfect if the cook had removed the onion skins. We pointed to the pile of onion skins we had collected on the plate next to a substantial puddle of oil that had pooled in its center. She laughed, left the table, and neither apologized nor took it off the bill.

The onion soup was served in a wide, shallow bowl, not a crock, so the oddly sweet cheese slices had none of the crusty deliciousness of a traditional preparation.

My chicken breast in their pollo asado tasted good and was cooked well. The calabacitas were a bit oily but good. The rice was chalky. But I was horrified to find a layer of oil under everything substantial enough to cover the whole plate. I think it came from the inordinate amount of cheese on top of the chicken and from the calabacitas. I didn't finish my plate or bring it home with me.

Considering the price, taste, and quality of service, I would recommend going Anywhere But Here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Items from Rickshaw remain on menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

My experience with Landlocked before they moved was ho hum, rubber chicken, but since they moved into the former Rickshaw location (same owners) and have added Richshaw items, I enjoy eating there.

Visited October 2012