“Excellent food and atmosphere!”

Michael J's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 88 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Michael J's is a collaborative effort between many friends and food lovers from around the globe. We can say that because we appreciate so many sources and learn all the time about what makes a restaurant truly successful. We strive to serve excellent food accompanied by fine wine to go with our offerings. We do NOT serve PIZZA!
Sanderson, Texas
“Excellent food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We come to Ruidoso every year and we had never been here. The quality of the food was awesome and the dishes I tried were home made. The selection of wines was excellent as well. I had ravioli with one side of alfredo sauce and marinara on the other. It was delicious. It was a warm and cozy atmosphere and excellent wait staff. I highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014

New Mexico
“Really good Italian food in Ruidoso”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I spend half the year in Ruidoso. Michael J's and the Texas Club are my favorite restaurants.

Michael, himself, (and his significant other) are personable and treat us like good customers. We are. We eat there weekly. I generally eat the veal picatta and my wife most often has the eggplant parmesan. I have enjoyed both and M J has a nice selection on his menu. I love the house and the caesar salads. And the wine list is very good .....and affordable. I like the Mendoza malbec and the Venezia pino grigio. Yumm Can't wait to get back to Ruidoso.

• Visited February 2014
Ruidoso, New Mexico
“GandC”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Fantastic Italian food. Wonderful, relaxing atmosphere. Welcoming fireplace and great wine selection. If visiting Ruidoso, a "must do". You won't be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
Las Cruces
“Great Surprise”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We went here for dinner on our last night of our trip and we were pleasantly surprised. Very quaint and romantic location. Our server was very friendly. We shared the pasta with Vodka sauce and it was delicious! Ended with a great desert of flour less chocolate torte. What a great evening!

Visited February 2014
“So-so”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Food portions were small while high in price. 3 at the table had the daily special and it was room temperature. Staff was very nice though.

3 Thank Dustin R

Been to Michael J's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!