“This Place Is Great”

Michael J's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Michael J's is a collaborative effort between many friends and food lovers from around the globe. We can say that because we appreciate so many sources and learn all the time about what makes a restaurant truly successful. We strive to serve excellent food accompanied by fine wine to go with our offerings. We do NOT serve PIZZA!
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Been waiting till they got their wine license and recently had a chance to try it out. Reasonable priced menu and a good wine list. Service was better than any other restaurant in Ruidoso. And so was the Caesar salad

3  Thank altitude80
SusannaJade, Public Relations Manager at Michael J's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

been a while ,sorry ,but thank u ,michael

Reviewed September 10, 2013

With the departure of Santino's, Ruidoso desperately needed a serious Italian restaurant and Michael J's has smartly stepped in to fill the bill. It is a charming, convivial restaurant that features earnest and genuinely friendly service. The pasta is obviously house-made and the sauces clearly fresh. The complimentary bread is very nice and the simple salads tasty. Desserts, too, are good and Michael J's has a very serviceable wine list. All in all, this is a very pleasant restaurant that deserves to do well.

And I would be remiss if I didn't recount a little incident that suggests the outstanding character of those responsible for running Michael J's. My wife and I ordered a bottle of Pio Cesare Barberi for $32. The waitress presented the wine for my inspection, and seeing Pio Cesare on the label and a word beginning with "B" following it, I simply assumed it was the correct bottle. After we had drank close to half of the bottle my wife began examining the bottle. She gasped and informed me that what we had been drinking was not the Barberi, but instead a 90-dollar bottle of Pio Cesare Barolo! Not knowing quite what to expect, we mentioned this solecism to our waitress, who in turn brought it to the attention of a gentleman (Michael J?) who simply told us to enjoy the Barolo at the Barberi price. It was a classy, intelligent move on his part and guarantees that we will visit Michael J's again on our next stay in Ruidoso.

2  Thank PerilaguKhan

u r right, it is ,thank u ,c u soon i hope ,michael

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We have dined at Michael J's four times in the last month and have enjoyed every meal. All of our guests have enjoyed the food as well as the service. Loved eating on the patio and while weather permits, I highly recommend it. Interior dining areas can get a little noisy. My favorite is the primavera but everything is good. Nice wine list adds to the ambiance. Michael, the owner, is very attentive to his guests.

1  Thank Patty C
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The food is delicious and the service is great. I can recommend the veal piccata. It is the best I have had in a long time. We have enjoyed it every time we have eaten there. So glad they got their liquor license so we can now enjoy a glass of wine

1  Thank yayasharon
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although Michael J's has been open for several months, I did not go to the restaurant until they started serving wine. Italian food without wine is like an ocean without a beach. A friend & I sat at the outdoor bar for our meal - it was a lovely evening and the atmosphere was very relaxing. The service provided by the bartender was excellent, the wine list isn't huge, but has a good selection. I ordered the Chicken Picatta, my friend ordered the Chicken Marsala. Both dishes were well prepared. I will be definitely making multiple trips to this restaurant to try the rest of the menu.

1  Thank GinaKelley

Been to Michael J's Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!