“Ideal breakfast”

Dining options: Late Night
Near Dallas
“Ideal breakfast”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

On a cold morning -- or any morning, for that matter -- there's nothing like a breakfast burrito from Chef Lupe's. Lots of choices, but my favorite is the egg and bacon with potatoes, wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. Yum!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Texas_Trevor

Hallsburg
“Great food”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My wife and I ate here and we were very impressed by the food. Had the Chicken Enchiladas with rice and beans. Spot on! The A/C wasn't working real good but it was comfortable and the food was HOT and fresh. We would eat there again.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank HallsburgSodbuster
Boerne, Texas
“Very good option for any meal of the day.”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We eat here in July for breakfast several times and it is always very good! They have plenty of seating and parking. The service is quick and good. Don't be fooled by the outside this is a very good place for a good meal at an excellent value. Before we left we had dinner too and we were equally satisfied. I will add that if you're high maintanance at all you will have things to spin in the negative but if you like hard working people that are as nice as they can be and a good southwestern meal at a fair price this place will be fine.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jamodi22
Lufkin, Texas
“good choice for Mexican food in Ruidoso”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

After our arrival in Ruidoso at a somewhat late hour we happened upon Chef Lupe's. It's an unpretentious kind of place, but we found the service to be friendly, the atmosphere charming, the food well-prepared & flavorful, and the prices reasonable. I'm personally averse to excessively spicy food, but members of our four-person party prefer cuisine that pushes the "heat scale" a bit. We all found satisfying menu choices. The recent spate of critical reviews surprises me and might well have deterred me if read in advance. I'm glad we chose this place without checking TripAdvisor. I will certainly return when I visit Ruidoso again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank PineywoodsBirder
Bulverde, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuck”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Don't go! It was filled with flys, the service was slow, the food was cold and the chips were burned. It's no bueno when a Mexican restaurant can't cook their chips right.

Visited July 2014