“Basic Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We eat here every time we come to Ruidoso. Limited atmosphere, but unobtrusively friendly service and good New Mexican food. I particularly likes their green sauce, although I wish they were a little more generous with it.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was taken here by a friend who used to live in Ruidoso. She stressed that all of the locals go here for authentic food. When we pulled up, I was worried because it looked like a real dive. But I have found that some dives are worth a try. I was not disappointed. The first waitress didn't speak English very well but her willingness to give us good service made up for it. I had Chorizo omelette with refried beans and toast. I would definitely come here again for another breakfast.

If you are picky about the atmosphere and overall appearance, I don't want to steer you wrong. This is strictly a dive for those who appreciate a great meal and don't mind tables and chairs that don't match. More for the laid back type of person who enjoys people, even the farmers who come in from the fields for a quick bite.

I only put the rating, "terrible" under Business meals because I can't imagine anyone in a suit showing up at this place. This is more a blue jeans and t shirt type of joint. My friend who took me told me ahead of time to wear old jeans and a t shirt in order not to stand out so much from the locals.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

hubby always gets green chili pork and i always get chalupas...yummy, eat here atleast 1 time every trip. Inexpensive and yummy! The place could use a little extra elbow grease cleaning up, but its still good!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Horrible customer service! Waited 45 minutes on drinks & an hour before our waitress took our order. My 13year old daughter asked the waitress about 2 plates of food we did not receive & the waitress handed her 2 bottles of beer! Two of the waitress acted like they were on a substance. The chicken strips tasted like fish, another plate had everything we did not ask for, and 2 people did not eat because the food was never delivered. Food tastes awful. Not impressed. Don't waste your time. Go somewhere else.

1  Thank Melissa S
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This was the worst mexican food I ever had. The tamale was dry, the enchilada was tasteless except the sauce which tasted like tomato sauce. Burned tostada chips, I could go on but I believe you get the picture.