“Saw Trip Advisor logo on the door made me happy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pena's Place
Ranked #15 of 87 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lovington, New Mexico
“Saw Trip Advisor logo on the door made me happy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

We saw Pena's Place on the way to our cabin and decided to try breakfast there. Seeing the Trip Advisor logo on the door, I knew we couldn't go wrong. Yum yum. The food was great with plenty to eat for the money and the service was good. The place may be small but well worth eating at. Thanks again, Trip Advisor, for not steering us wrong.

• Visited June 2014

“Quiet breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This place continues to cook food that people love. They are small but that wants makes it a plus for customers to enjoy. If your near this place , come and sit awhile .

Visited August 2014
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We go to Ruidoso quite frequently as it is only two hours from our home and Pena's is one of our favorite breakfast places. Although it is always busy on Saturday and Sunday mornings, they have an orderly seating process and the waitresses provide great service. My husband loves the pancakes and I like the huevos rancheros. I recommend Pena's for good, quality breakfast food and reasonable prices.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Cindy C
Las Cruces, NM
“Outstanding Breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had a breakfast burrito with sausage, egg, green chile and cheese, smothered red. It was delicious, and almost more than I could eat. Wife had a half-order of Eggs Benedict, and it was on par with any we've had anywhere else.

All of the indoor furnishings are all professionally handcrafted from wood, not quite our style, but very attractive and functional!

The Eggs benedict are only available on Saturday and Sunday, and as alluded to earlier, they are available as a half-order for the lighter appetite. Only place I know of in Ruidoso (other than Wendall's, which is technically Mescalero) that has Eggs Benedict, and well prepared to boot!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Roswell
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

My family of three ate here on a Saturday morning. It was really nice to be able to sit outside as the weather was gorgeous. My husband had the breakfast burrito and I had the western omelette (both with chorizo); they were good, but nothing special. The cinnamon roll was not good, but was big. The icing was lemon flavored--not good.

Been to Pena's Place? Share your experiences!