“Cafe Rio - The Best Pizza In Town”
Review of Cafe Rio

Cafe Rio
Ranked #11 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: All of Café Rio’s offerings are made from scratch.Our recipes have been accumulated through years of professional cooking and employ the highest quality ingredients obtainable.We welcome both questions and comments on the origins and ingredients of our preparations.We hope you feel at home and we look forward to your return visit.-The Management and Staff at Café Rio
Reviewed July 19, 2007

We recently dined at Cafe Rio on 7/17/07 for lunch while shopping in Ruidoso. The pizza was excellent. All the ingredients were fresh and service was great. They do not however offer any domestic brand beers. I tried a beer from Oregon which was okay but I really prefer my favorite domestic beer with a good pizza. When visiting Ruidoso again, we will return for lunch.

DMV& SK - Houston, Texas

Reviewed June 14, 2007

We ate here based on TA Reviews. Some of best pizza to be had anywhere! If we had not wanted to try other places, would have gone back for more pizza or to try other menu items. Very intimate atmosphere (get to know your table neighbors), personable wait staff, overall fun experience. Good choice of beers unless you only like "Bud". Locals and tourists seem to mingle well.

Reviewed November 26, 2006

I love this restaurant and have to stop by each time I go to Ruidoso. It has always been a fun atmosphere with great food. Unfortunately, 2 weeks ago I was in the area attending a conference and my experience was not as good as usual. I always have friends that want to go there when we are in the area because they've heard me rave on and on about it. So this trip I was with a colleague and we stopped by for dinner. The food was great as usual, although the Spanikopita did have quite a bit more onion than normal, but our waitress was not very pleasant. My colleague and I were the only two people in the restaurant and since we were on a business trip we were planning on paying for our food with our business credit cards. The girl waiting on us said that she could not split our check. At this point she did not know that we were planning on paying with cards. I really did not know what the big deal was since we were the only two people in the restaurant and she was not busy with anything else. Then I tried to pay for my half with my business card anyway and she informed me that the do not accept credit cards at all. I was disappointed because my employer authorizes me to use my card for meals while on business trips. I can not pay out of my pocket because I won't get reimbursed. Anyway, the point of this review is, do not go here if you need your bill split or if you are planning on paying with a credit card!

On to more food that I've tried since my last review... The calzones are awesome and will feed 2-3 people. I'm vegetarian and my husband, daughter and I had a calzone with feta, capers and I think Kalamata olives. It was sooo good! Also, their Cesar salads are great!

4  Thank xxnomeatxx
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We visited here after reading the other positive reviews on this site. We were surprised and pleased by the extensive microbrew list on the menu. The pizzas we ordered - one all meat, one vegetarian - were outstanding. They came with crisp, thin crusts and ingredients not normally seen on a typical combo. My husband and I split a Greek salad. It was different from what we were expecting, but very good all the same. The wait staff seemed to genuninely enjoy their job and co-workers. That sunny attitude made the meal all the more enjoyable. After hearing one woman shouting about their terrible ice cream and seeing the staff's humorous response, we decided we had to try it. It was fabulous, though the large servings were challenging to our pizza filled bellies. If we pass through Ruidoso again, we'll be sure to stop here.

3  Thank HEK_Mom
Reviewed September 29, 2006

Don't let the "hole in the wall" appearance put you off. The fairly small menu delivers really good food and the service is friendly and fast. Don't skip the Portuguese Kale soup or any of their great pizzas.

Been to Cafe Rio? Share your experiences!