“Yummy Pizza”

Cafe Rio
Ranked #7 of 89 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: All of Café Rio’s offerings are made from scratch.Our recipes have been accumulated through years of professional cooking and employ the highest quality ingredients obtainable.We welcome both questions and comments on the origins and ingredients of our preparations.We hope you feel at home and we look forward to your return visit.-The Management and Staff at Café Rio
Midland, Texas
“Yummy Pizza”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Great pizza, don't let the crowd turn you away because the wait usually isn't as long as you're told!

• Visited August 2014

Shiner, Texas
“Amazing pizza.... Worth the wait !”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

If you don't mind waiting for a table to open up... And being scowled through the window by the pizza making chef... It's a great meal ! I can see why there's a line out the door ! The restaurant choices in Ruidoso are getting slimmer on each of our visits. This pizza was probably the best pizza I've ever eaten and was definitely the best meal that we had in Ruidoso this week. We had the Connosiuer pizza... Ground sausage, garlic, red onions, ricotta cheese... Gooey goodness !! The crust was amazing ! Staff is curt but also very busy so it's all about business here. The sign above the door speaks volumes.. The Customer is Always Wrong.... I know one thing I am not wrong about... This restaurant choice ! We will be back !

Fort Worth, Texas
“NOT impressed”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Because of the rave reviews on trip advisor, we just had to try this place for lunch. My husband had a slice of their pepperoni pizza and I had their Tzatziki appetizer since I wasn't very hungry and also love Greek food, plus they only had 2 choices for a single slice of pizza. The Tzatziki was terrible. It had almost no flavor with big chunks of cucumbers that made it un-spreadable. I had to pick up the cucumbers with a fork to get it on the bread and then try to spread the watery sauce with a knife. And the bread served with it wasn't even pita bread. The pizza, however, was really good... I had a couple bites of husbands' and wished I had ordered that instead. Trip advisor needs to take "Greek" out as part of the description for this restaurant as that was one of the reasons I wanted to try it (wrong web site as well).

Also, the service was very slow, to the point we had to actually walk up to the counter to get our check, and the place is pretty much a dump. Oh, and they only take cash (no credit cards). Not impressed and I would only recommend if you're wanting pizza to go.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Linda B
Lawton, Oklahoma
“Big pizza's!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We got 2 large pizza's to go and it was more than enough for our family of 6. We called in the order and the pizza was ready when they said it would be. They do not accept credit cards so have cash ready.

• Visited August 2014
“The pizza will bring you back”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Every year we travel to Ruidoso and must stop at Cafe Rio for one of the best pizzas we have ever had. This year was no exception. The place is a real hole in the wall, giving it a unique atmosphere. You can watch your hand tossed pizza being made, always with fresh ingrediants. The service is very basic, but efficient. The only issue I don't understand is why they can not make your pizza with 3/4 one topping and 1/4 another. They say they can only be ordered half and half.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Cafe Rio? Share your experiences!