“This place is amazing!”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I've been coming to Ruidoso for years, but just recently stumbled across this "hidden gem." My family recently enjoyed a week of vacation and ate lunch at this place almost every day. It doesn't matter what you order -- soups, sandwiches, salads, quiche, dessert -- it's all good. My absolute favorite is the green chili quiche. It's worth the 3-4 drive from home just for that. The staff is super friendly and always makes you feel at home. Do yourself a favor and check this place out!

1  Thank BlessedMan1

Reviewed February 8, 2010

The Buttery is always on the top of my list to visit when I go to Ruidoso. It is the perfect girlfriend/cafe lunch. My absolute favorite is the chicken salad on a croissant with a side of soup. Sandwiches come with potato chips too. This last time I had a piece of chocolate mousse pie that was to die for. Everyone who works here is so nice and friendly. I never have a bad thing to say about this place. The one downfall of the cafe is parking but this can easily be overlooked when you get inside and start your yummy lunch!

1  Thank ChicadelaPlaya
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Great sandwiches and desserts. They also have soups and quiches. I got a half sandwhich with soup or salad. The salads can be green, pasta or fruit. The buttermilk pie was superb. My husband loved it too. A little pricey for sandwiches but everything in Ruidoso is - it's a resort town. The only complaint is that their drink glasses are VERY small and we never got a refill. Also, they are only open until 2:30. Nice to sit outside in early October. Overall, very glad we had lunch there, and we will go back.

1  Thank WestTexasRealtor
Reviewed July 23, 2009

We had a turkey sandwich with sprouts on whole wheat, a cup of green chili stew and a quiche with ham and green chiles - everyting was delicious.

1  Thank CanyonJack
Reviewed June 23, 2009

The buttermilk pie was not what I expected. It was dry and something was added other than the normal ingredients. Very small room and crowded together

1  Thank Mimitx_9

Been to Village Buttery? Share your experiences!