“Best Chicken Salad Sandwich”
Review of Village Buttery

Village Buttery
Ranked #5 of 88 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Austin, Texas
“Best Chicken Salad Sandwich”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I came here for a lunch and had the chicken salad sandwich and cream of broccoli soup, both of which were excellent. I'm very picky about my chicken salad and it was honestly one of the best I've ever had. This is a tiny little place with not a ton of places to sit, but it felt cozy and the services was excellent. I highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank H H

Seagrove, North Carolina
“Great spot for lunch”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I've eaten at the Village Buttery numerous times and it's always delicious. Today I took my grandchildren ages 2 & 4, the staff could see I had my hands full and were very accommodating. They had the PBJ with fresh fruit which they devoured. I had the pimento cheese sandwich with tomato basil soup. It was very tasty.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Paul R
Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico
“tomato basil soup is amazing:)”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Pasta salads are always fresh and delicious. :) soups are great and the service is always very nice.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank isabell7
“Yum!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Love this place. We try and stop in when we are in Ruidoso. Call ahead for hours, because they aren't open a long time. The food is great

Visited December 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Delectable Discovery for Great Food....WITH my dog!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Recently on a trip to Ruidoso, NM, I was enjoying a beautiful winter outdoor day with my dog, Travelin' Jack. So we were in search of everything Pet Friendly....and about mid-day started looking for a fun lunch spot. We found it! The Village Buttery provided a sunny patio setting that was pet-friendly. Even though all the other diners were tucked inside their cozy interior dining area, we decided the winter sun made it nice enough for an outside sit-down lunch....with some homemade soup to warm up the day. They pleasantly served us outside, and after looking at their taste-tempting menu, we decided on the Soup of the Day- Tomato Basil, with a side offering of a side order of a Chicken Salad Sandwich on a croissant. The soup (gluten free by the way) was served in a hearty portion, with steam rising from it as they served me outdoors. It had a rich and creamy base, with what I think might have been melted cheese drizzling from each spoonful. Delicious! A very nice healthy and tasty winter's day soup. The Chicken Salad Croissant was equally tasty. A fresh flaky croissant with a creamy, nicely herbed chicken salad spilled out from the bread with their generous portions. Lettuce, tomato and sprouts topped off the sandwich with chips on the side. The Chicken Salad Croissant was the perfect complement to the soup. They also served us a steaming hot tea in a very large ceramic mug....fun to drink out of.

When we inquired as to the restaurant's name, they informed us they were known for their "Grandma Guthrie's Famous Buttermilk Pie"....so of course we HAD to finish off the lunch with a slice of the namesake pie....so we did just that! Well worth the visit for the pie alone! This thick custard pie went down oh-so smoothly....with just the perfect baked sugar topping. Delicious.

As I went inside to pay....I was visually attacked by the tempting pies laying wait in their front-and-center filled pie case. NOT FAIR! I just had to have that absolutely sinful looking Sticky Caramel Pecan Cheesecake. I was so full that I took it for later.....when I could savor that delectable dessert appropriately. They packaged it up for me...and Travelin' Jack and I left from our very pleasant, tasty and reasonably priced lunch at the Village Buttery! We'll go back the next time we visit Ruidoso again. Oh...and the Pecan cheesecake was equally as good as the Buttermilk Pie. Thanks for the greate food...the friendly and welcoming service...and for us...perhaps most of all...BEING Pet-Friendly!

• Visited January 2014