“Cute and great place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Diner, American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE has quickly become a Ruidoso New Mexico Favorite Restaurant as well as a sought out and much anticipated eating tradition for many of our Village's visitors! We thank all of our friends and customers who regularly support us and continue to spread the good word about ... the CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE in Ruidoso ... where we take eating seriously!Enjoy a traditional bakery influenced BREAKFAST including some of our very special New Mexico specialties! LUNCH offers a veritable cornucopia of options from the heathful, flavorful salad to savory sandwiches hearty enough to satisfy a big appetite from the ground up! And the BAKERY is all about fresh, creative and delicious ... what else needs to be said about fresh baked breads, pies, cookies, muffins and assorted pastries! We are dedicated to good Ruidoso eating!
“Cute and great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

Really cute place manager and staff was very accomodating. I got the ham and egg scramble with potatoes and toast, just enough food (loved it). My husband got the biscuits and gravy.Very nice and fluffy biscuits the gravy was great too. Would come back again. Try and go early they are pretty popular.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
gomezestates, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
I am happy the ham and egg scrambler off the young at heart menu was just the right size. We also do a lot of half orders on our menu. Thank you, CheerChick for your wonderful review. We value your business.

Dallas, Texas, United States
“A great place for breakfast every day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

We ate at Cornerstone every morning during our vacation stay. The food is great, the staff is very friendly and the service was quick and efficient. When we mentioned to Linda that we were very pleased, Steven Gomez, the owner/manager, came to our table and sat down to visit with us. However, we did see him going from table to table every day to ask if he could help with anything. From our condo to the restaurant was a few miles, but worth every minute it took to get there! And, don't forget the bakery! They have a chocolate/cappuccino muffin that is to die for. We would certainly go back to enjoy Cornerstone if we visit Ruidoso again, and will recommend to others that might be visiting there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Judith for your feedback. I am glad you found us early in your trip so we could serve you a few days of your vacation. Thank you for your business!
Granbury, Texas
“You owe it to yourself!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

The staff is, in fact, excellent as another reviewer commented. They are extremely pleasant, helpful and attentive without being intrusive. I, clearly, differ with the same reviewer who wrote the food was mediocre. It was outstanding! Possibly that individual had a bad night before or a bad morning. I had the Las Cruces Omelete and it was absolutely delicious. My wife had a chicken salad croissant sandwich and she thought it was delicious. The coffee is amongst the best I have ever tasted. Try it, I guarantee you won't regret it. It is so busy that you may have to wait for a table, especially for parties of five or more. They are open for breakfast and lunch every day during the summer months. Not sure about the rest of the year when the big tourist season subsides.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you El Lobo! Sorry for the delay, I am behind on my Trip Advisor. I really appreciate your kind words. We will always come in and try to improve on the day prior and make sure we are moving in the right direction.
Wichita, Kansas
“This place is way overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

When we arrived at the cafe the place was booming. I asked a waitress if we seat ourselves or wait to be seated. She told me they would seat me just go to waiting area. We did and several minutes later the attendant called for another party to be seated. We were not told to put our name in at the register. We did so and about 15 minutes later were seated. We ordered different items and were disappointed with all. My omelet was supposed to have sausage in it and did not have any,my dads was supposed to have ham and had 2 small cubes on the outside and none inside. We had a good laugh about it. The toast was so hard you had to break it with your hand. The coffee was bad. The service was terrible. I had water to drink and it was never refilled. They had plenty of workers present but no one other than the lady at the register and the young lady busing the tables was doing anything. We waited 15 minutes for our check and finally went to the register and that lady got our check for us. We paid and left and will never be back there again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
gomezestates, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Ouch! Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. Your review was presented at our server meeting this morning. We will take this review to heart and make sure that we are moving forward to improve on your dining experience. This is not the norm for our establishment and would love to have you be our guest at some point in the future. I strongly believe your experience would not disappoint during your next visit. Please come back and try us out again. We appreciate your business.
“great for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family and I ate here on our last day in Ruidoso before starting our long drive back home. They have a full breakfast menu; it's not just a bakery. Food was pretty good and everyone was super friendly. Plus you can buy pastries for the road.

Visited August 2014
Thank you for your review Jay. Hopefully we can see you a couple of times during your next visit. Thank you for your business.