“The Cornerstone Bakery And Cafe.”

Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE has quickly become a Ruidoso New Mexico Favorite Restaurant as well as a sought out and much anticipated eating tradition for many of our Village's visitors! We thank all of our friends and customers who regularly support us and continue to spread the good word about ... the CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE in Ruidoso ... where we take eating seriously!Enjoy a traditional bakery influenced BREAKFAST including some of our very special New Mexico specialties! LUNCH offers a veritable cornucopia of options from the heathful, flavorful salad to savory sandwiches hearty enough to satisfy a big appetite from the ground up! And the BAKERY is all about fresh, creative and delicious ... what else needs to be said about fresh baked breads, pies, cookies, muffins and assorted pastries! We are dedicated to good Ruidoso eating!
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a wonderful place to eat!:) The food is good and the people are very friendly! This is the best place to eat when you're in Ruidoso.You gotta try it!!!

gomezestates, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your business.

There are newer reviews for Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Walking in, we could tell the place was busy--beacuse it was packed. We were greeted so kindly by the sweet, young manager that was there that day (can't remember her name!). She took down our name and told us it would be about 10 minutes. We were sat a table within 5 minutes! We were excited about that because we wanted a quick, but yummy breakfast since we had a 9 hour drive ahead of us. Our waitress didn't even come to the table to get orders until we had been sitting there for 10 minutes. She had 2 other tables next to us that were in the process of leaving. She stopped by about 5 minutes into us sitting there and told us she would be with us soon. She dropped off 2 waters, then came back again about 5 minutes later. We finally got to put our order in. Our food came pretty quickly--my husband got something with pancakes and I got one of the recommended scrambles--had tortilla chips in it--it was so yummy! Well, she forgot my husband syrup, and neither one of us had silverware. We had to wait 5 minutes to get silverware, so by the time we started eating, our food was barely warm. I didn't get a refill until I was done with my food and at that point, I could've cared less to have a refill. We watched our waitress with the other tables--and it was the same exact behavior. One guy asked for syrup, it took her forever to bring him some. She offered to refill a customers coffee (they have a self-service coffee bar), it took her at least 5 mintues to do that. She had made the comment to him "I'm not busy, I can get it for you."--well that was an understatement of the year. Anyways, food was great, but I don't know if we will be back because the service was terrible.The manager was sweet as pie, though.

Hello Heather, Thank you so much for your feedback. Our foundation is built on offering superior customer service so you can imagine my displeasure this morning when I found your comments. I also limit my servers to 4 table sections to make sure they are not overwhelmed. If you would be so kind to call me 575-257-1842 or send me a message, I need to find out who your server was either by name or description. I also apologize that management and myself did not notice your delay in service. As you can tell from previous comments we have a reputation of excellent service and I hope you can come back to experience the service we are recognized for. I am so sorry for your recent encounter, but rest assured we will use this comment as a training opportunity. Thank you again. Steven Gomez (Owner/Operator)

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Definitely one of the best places in Ruidoso to eat. Large selection on the menu and great waitresses. Kids get dough and rolling pin instead of colors which is a lot of fun! One of our favorite places! They take reservations which I would recommend!

Thank you Texas for your feed back. I am glad to hear you all had an enjoyable experience. We hope to have some kids baking classes this time next year. Maybe the kids can join us for some serious dough work in the bakery. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

OMG the French toast and pancakes were so good. Got a small stack of pancakes and couldn't finish it. They were good and fluffy. This was our last place to eat on the way out of town and we should have eaten here every day :)

Thank you for your business Howard. I am happy you found us. I hope we can see you for a view visits on your next trip.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Worth the wait and now we know why they are always busy! Mega yummy! Warm and friendly staff, and the owners are wonderful! We had breakfast for lunch, but we have to go back and try more! In fact, we are going back tomorrow. Food to go if the wait is too long.

gomezestates, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found us. Our togo service is a great option, served in eco friendly packaging, if you are in a hurry and don’t have time to wait.