“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE has quickly become a Ruidoso New Mexico Favorite Restaurant as well as a sought out and much anticipated eating tradition for many of our Village's visitors! We thank all of our friends and customers who regularly support us and continue to spread the good word about ... the CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE in Ruidoso ... where we take eating seriously!Enjoy a traditional bakery influenced BREAKFAST including some of our very special New Mexico specialties! LUNCH offers a veritable cornucopia of options from the heathful, flavorful salad to savory sandwiches hearty enough to satisfy a big appetite from the ground up! And the BAKERY is all about fresh, creative and delicious ... what else needs to be said about fresh baked breads, pies, cookies, muffins and assorted pastries! We are dedicated to good Ruidoso eating!
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We went on a Tuesday morning abt 9am and no wait. Excellent self serve coffee (3 choices, I think). I had the Huevos Rancheros topped with red chile sauce. A bit spicy, but this was New Mexico style. My wife had a build your own omelet...excellent. The biscuit was bakery quality..big, soft, tasty..not like the small hard biscuits most places serve. Excellent, attentive, caring service. We will be back!

2  Thank EnglishTeacher1
gomezestates, Owner at Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank You! We look forward to serving you next time.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This place packs them in and for obvious reasons- it's one of the few local places to get a good breakfast in Ruidoso, especially on a Monday or Tuesday when most other local breakfast joints in town are closed.

Really good piñon coffee- grab a cup (it's self-serve), while you wait for your table. Service was quick and with a smile. I had the 3-egg omelet with green chile sauce and stuffed with a little relleno (green) pepper inside. It was divine, not too hot, spices were just right. The herbs on their house potatoes are wonderful. Get the side of biscuit and gravy to complete your meal; it is wonderful and my man had food envy. Thankfully for him I had to share some as I was getting so full!

It looks like they have really good homemade desserts and breads as well, though we did not try them. Parking is tight. Handicap access, clean restrooms. This will be the only place I eat in Ruidoso for breakfast from now on, as it seems the other locally owned place across town (known for their pancakes), is never open when I want to eat there. Their loss!

1  Thank Xajiks

Thank you for your review. The Chile Relleno Omelet is also my favorite! You must try the desserts next time. I think you will be very pleased. Thanks again, we look forward to serving you next time.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast on our last day. It was great. I had "Captain's BEST. A breakfast sandwich eith bacon. Egg (scrambled) , Spinach, and tomato. Served on a chile cheese roll with a chipotle mayo. My wife had a short stack of pancakes. Had to get my iwn coffee at a 3 flavor coffee bar. It was worth it, and will be revisited.

We look forward to serving you next time. Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I didn't want toast, but when they said they had homemade green chilli and cheese bread, ok I give in, give me the bread! All the food was fantastic here. They have a coffee bar too.

1  Thank meeta4

We appreciate your business. Thank you!

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Came with my mother and kids. Probably the best breakfast ever!! Linda our server was so friendly and helpful as were the young man who seated us and even the young woman clearing the tables. Food was amazing. Great coffee, French toast made with homemade bread, wonderful eggs, ham, red potatoes, and turkey sausage. Do not miss!!

2  Thank Merinda C

Thank you Merinda for your review. Linda is a sweet heart and we are so fortunate to have her on our team.