“Fabulous Bakery and Friendly Staff”

Cornerstone Bakery & Cafe Co
Ranked #1 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE has quickly become a Ruidoso New Mexico Favorite Restaurant as well as a sought out and much anticipated eating tradition for many of our Village's visitors! We thank all of our friends and customers who regularly support us and continue to spread the good word about ... the CORNERSTONE BAKERY CAFE in Ruidoso ... where we take eating seriously!Enjoy a traditional bakery influenced BREAKFAST including some of our very special New Mexico specialties! LUNCH offers a veritable cornucopia of options from the heathful, flavorful salad to savory sandwiches hearty enough to satisfy a big appetite from the ground up! And the BAKERY is all about fresh, creative and delicious ... what else needs to be said about fresh baked breads, pies, cookies, muffins and assorted pastries! We are dedicated to good Ruidoso eating!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I can't rate the food here, but I'm sure it must be good. It can't be as good as the baked goods, though. I'm sure I gained 5 pounds in the 3 days I visited Ruidoso last month. If you're old enough to remember thumbprint cookies, ask for some. They are to die for!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My son and I recently visited Ruidoso for his first venture into skiing. We ate here three of four breakfasts and it would have been 4/4 if not for running a little late on one day. The food here is fabulous. We had pancakes, eggs, croissants, sausage, bacon omelets and that wonderful pinon coffee. I can't say enough about the service, we only wished it was open 24 hours a day!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My family and I were in Ruidoso for only one night. We had driven from my parents house in Andrews, TX, where we were visiting for spring break. It was my first trip to New Mexico, and Ruidoso was a great place to visit during my trip. On our way out of Ruidoso, we stopped at the Conerstone Bakery based on its great reviews on this website. Let me tell you that the positive reviews are spot on.
We arrived at the Cornerstone Bakery on a Sunday morning around 9:30 a.m. The hostess directed us to our seats after a 3 minute wait. Right after being seated, the Manager, Cristina showed us to the coffee bar and described the flavors that they offered. I chose to try the Pinon flavor, which was excellent. We then had a chance to look over the menu. They have an excellent selection of breakfast options. Our party of four chose a variety of dishes.
My father ordered the waffles, which were a new addition at the time. I tried a bite of them and they were outstanding. Buttery and fluffy, the waffles could be prepared with pecans, and I believe this option varies day-to-day. My dad chose to have the waffles plain, and they also came with a variety of flavored syrups. We stuck to the traditional maple syrup. These were some of the best waffles I have ever tried.
My mother ordered the Almagordo omelet. This bad boy was amazing. Full of meat, cheeses and veggies, the omelet was fluffy and delicious. My wife ordered a "create-your-own" omelet, and stuck with veggies and cheddar cheese. We were also very pleased with her omelet.
I had the signature breakfast burrito. The breakfast burrito was the best I have ever eaten. It was the size of my forearm and was stuffed with eggs, cheese, sausage, potatoes, and jalepenos. It was also served topped with the chef's homeade chili sauce, either red or green. I opted to try both on the side. The sauces were served steaming hot in small bowls. I tried the red sauce the first and the complexity of it was surprising. The green salsa was also good, but I definitely preferred the red salsa. I would recommend ordering both on the side and trying them both.
The waitress wa extremely helpful in advisig us onthe menu. The manager, Christina, came by our table several times to check on us and to chat with us about our dining experience. The owner even came by to see if we enjoyed everything.
We had to buy some of their Pinon coffee for our consumption at home and could not refuse some tasty cookies for the road. I would recommend the Cornerstone bakery to anyone in or near Ruidoso, NM.
Believe the Hype!
J.D. Sanford - Jackson, MS

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We got a variety of things and it was all excellent!! I got the banana fosters crepes and piñon coffee. It was amazing. My husband said that his omelette was the best he has ever had!!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were in town for 5 days, and went there twice for breakfast and tried for a third only to find out they were closed on Thursdays! LOVED the food - the potatoes seasoned great. The choices of regular breakfast items, but then also crepes (which I've never tried until eating here). Eggs benedict - quiches - sandwiches - pastry items. Everything looked so good and had a hard time deciding which we wanted to try next! Of all the places we ate while in town - this was our favorite!