“Great food!”

Casa Blanca Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Blanca Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casa Blanca Is One Of The Most Popular Mexican Food Restaurants In Ruidoso. Started In 1984, And Built From A Remodeled Spanish Style House, The Business Has Become A Favorite For Tourist And Local Patrons. The Menu Includes Authentic Mexican Food, Often Spiced With New Mexico Green Chile. Among The Items At The Top Of Casa’s Most Popular List Are Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas, Green Chile Chicken Burritos, And Chile Rellenos. A Solid Lineup Of Starter Items Include, Fajita Steak Nachos, And Stuffed Jalapenos In Addition To Numerous Choices For Salads & Soups. The Lunch Menu Offers Most Of The Favorites – In Smaller Portions, And A Children’s Menu Is Available For Children Under 10 Years Old. Beverages Include Traditional Drinks Along With Wine, Beer And Margaritas.
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I am from San Antonio and consider myself pretty well-versed on the best Tex-Mex and Mexican food around here. So I have to say I was very surprised when the food at Casa Blanca was up to par with some of the better restaurants in San Antonio. They had great salsa, but the chips seemed like store bought to me. They weren't very warm either. The food was fantastic. I had the enchiladas with a taco and queso relleno. Yummy! They had us in and out in no time. Great place for families, as it is pretty loud with talking and live music, so little children would not be a burden.

1  Thank texastraveler81

Reviewed February 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed in Ruidoso for our 8th anniversary and we were looking for a romantic setting. I checked every guide and review available and finally decided on Casa Blanca. We arrived at the restaurant about 7pm and loved the look as soon as we walked in. The hostess advised us of a 45 minute wait and directed us to the bar downstairs. A tall, older and grouchy man was mixing drinks directly in front of us and failed to acknowledge us. FIVE minutes roll by until a nice young lady apologized and took our drink order. While we our enjoyed the margaritas, a young hispanic waiter griped and moaned to the older bartender about one of his tables and even complained to another man sitting at the bar. After a few minutes of badmouthing his customers, I finally realized he was speaking to the manager of the restaurant. The older bartender was very rude to customers who were trying to order drinks. ( anybody seen "Lonesome Dove" where Gus whacks the surly bartender for doddling service? very tempting) The hispanic guy even yelled at customer " can you give me two seconds?" right in front of manager who did not blink an eye over the behavior. I was ready to close my tab and go eat at Taco Bell. In a blink of an eye it all changed. A very courteous man with long hair and blue shirt advised us our table was ready after only 20 minutes. He sat us down right in front of fireplace and the waitress was very respectful and on top of everything. They totally redeemed the bad experience downstairs. The fried green chile appetizer was awesome and you have to try the green chile enchiladas with blue corn tortillas. We walked out with a smile and full bellies knowing we will return. It turned out to be a great idea.

2  Thank golivares48
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Food was great and the scene was cozy. My girl and I had dinner in the Cantina below the main restaurant to avoid the crowds upstairs. They had a nice fire going and we had easy access to the bar. My only complaint was the service....average at best. I recommend the green chili enchiladas...delicious!

2  Thank Jonny_Denver
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Had the chicken enchiladas with green chile sauce. House signature dish. Excellent. Good prices, great service. Highly recommend.

1  Thank lftexas
Reviewed February 9, 2010

Food was great and portions were large. Wait staff started out very good but then disappeared after we got our food. I would definately return in hopes of getting a better waiter.