“Excellent Steaks in Ruidoso”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Texas Club

Texas Club
Ranked #14 of 87 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tucson, Arizona
“Excellent Steaks in Ruidoso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I rarely eat steak, but when my wife and I was going to be in Ruidoso for three days, I knew the Texas Club would be one of the places to have dinner. Read all kinds of reviews before we left and on Wednesday the 26th of June I called around three in the afternoon to make reservations.
I made the reservations for five pm and we arrived at the club at four forty five. The club does not open until five pm, there was two places to sit down outside the entrance way, and we sat down and enjoyed the cool breeze blowing through the pine trees. At five pm the lady opened the doors and seated us. We ordered the Jalapeno Chopsticks and they where excellent (not hot) and we both ordered the 12 oz Cattlemen's ribeye with a garden salad and baked potato. The steaks were cooked just as requested (medium rare) and we couldn't stop talking about how great they were. They also served a bread that was some of the best I've ever ate. I never even got to taste my baked potato because I was so full of steak and the Jalapeno appetizer. The service was excellent. We will go back to the Texas Club when we are in Ruidoso and we highly recommend it.

1 Thank kruzing719

Weatherford, Texas
“Great Steak in Ruidoso”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just happened upon the restaurant a few years ago while visiting Ruidoso. Now, when we go to Ruidoso, it's at the top of our list of restaurants. It is a little off the beaten path, but well worth the drive. The service is excellent from the time you are greated at the front door. My husband had a small steak this time, it was absolutely delicious. I had fried catfish, crisp and light again delicious. We didn't have desert this time, maybe next. You've got to give this place a try, it is always busy. Maybe the locals go there.

Clovis, New Mexico
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I love steak, and this is truly a fine steak house. The food is amazing! Cooked as ordered and delicious. A little over priced however it's worth it. I have actually called in an order and picked up their "bread pudding w/jack Daniel's sauce". I brought it home to my husband and father for father's day...they ate it up! My dad almost licked the bowl! Very, very good!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best steak in New Mexico - Most Assuredly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

When our server, Amy, learned this was our first visit to the Texas Club, she almost insisted we try the steaks which she said were the best in New Mexico. We have had good steaks in good restaurants but we have to admit these were something else! Flavorful, tender, cooked to perfection. The filet could almost be cut with a fork. What sets these steaks apart other than the quality of the beef is the way they are cooked. Flame broiled with a seasoned rub that creates a perfect, deliciously tasting charcoal coating on the outside, complementing the excellent tasting beef on the inside. Best steak in New Mexico - most assuredly. Best steak ever in a restaurant anywhere - probably! Thank you, Amy.

Fredericksburg Tx
“Wonderful, perfectly seasoned Filet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

It was a rainy night and the Filet hit the spot. I failed to make reservations, but the hostess was kind enough to make room for the two of us. Glad she did not
send us back out into the rainstorm.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Texas Club? Share your experiences!