“Best steak around!”

Ranked #17 of 90 Restaurants in Ruidoso
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Always consistent. Over 10 years of frequenting and never a bad experience! A must when in town. Make reservations because all the local eat here too.

1  Thank 4Lees

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have eaten here several times over the last few years, including twice this week. We experienced mediocre service and perfectly cooked steaks on our first visit, then perfect service and an under-cooked steak on the second visit. My medium filet was medium rare and I reluctantly sent it back, which I hate to do, fearing an overdone steak will be returned to me. But it came back just a bit less red and still juicy and wonderful. On the first visit the chocolate cake was not good, seemed like day-old store bought cake, we didn't eat it and it was removed from the bill. On the second evening we had the warm Bread Pudding with whiskey sauce, oh my goodness it was amazing. On night #1, we had to ask the waitress for rolls then didn't eat them, they tasted like they came from the super market. Then on night #2, the rolls were brought out before our meal and they were obviously freshly made and delicious! Go figure! So even though we've had variable experiences here this week, the steaks are still the best we've ever had anywhere and we will continue to look forward to eating here whenever we come to Ruidoso. Tip: Ask to be seated in Mary's section, she is an excellent, efficient and friendly waitress.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Texas Club is a busy place and once you dine here you will understand why. The food was delicious and it was warm and cozy atmosphere. Nice place to spend an evening with your spouse.

1  Thank Painter1972
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Everything about this restaurant is out of this world!

The service, food, drinks, desserts are exceptional! I like the garlic shrimp pasta and the Tenneessee Lemon pie. The pie has pistachios on the top. Even the bread is yummy!

You might want to get reservations as it gets busy.

1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our group of nine came into town for a friend's birthday and we set up a reservation here. We arrived at were seated immediately. Our server, Michelle was prompt and precise with our drink orders. She made some great suggestions on the wine and offered tastings of the ones we wanted. We all ordered our food and had another round in between. When our food came out, there was a little confusion but Michelle took care of everything. Only one steak was cooked differently than what was ordered. It wasn't a big deal because it tasted great. I ordered the 6 oz filet with garlic pasta and 4 coconut shrimp. I would say that everything I got was wonderful. The dessert that was chosen was bread pudding in a Jack Daniels sauce and it was amazing!! I will definitely be coming back to the Texas Club when I return to Ruidoso.

1  Thank jbstee

Been to Texas Club? Share your experiences!